Help on wiper problem???

on my 93 1.0 my wipers were working fine till yesterday, but now when wipers are on and i turn them off they do turn off but they wont go down they just get stuck in the position when i tried to turn them off.

Iv cleaned the sensor up for the wiper motor as it had gunk in it but no luck still have the probelm. can it be indicater stalk itself???

Did you bend the contacts out a little as well as cleaning?
Pic from a Primera but would imagine the Micra is the same/similar

park_switch_contacts_07L.jpg

this is a really late reply, but i still have this problem, AND dont laugh but i have no idea what the picture above is or what im supposed to do all i did was unplugged sensor on motor n cleaned the plug n put it back in :laugh:

so yep i still need help

Ah, when you said that you cleaned the sensor, I thought you had taken the wiper motor apart. Read properly now and can see that you cleaned the stalk!!

Pics are from the inside of the wiper motor. The contacts (left pic) run against the disk (right pic).
When you switch off the wipers, the motor will continue to turn until the contacts hit the cut-out (wiper park position) on the disk.
If the contacts are not touching the disk, the motor will stop as soon as you switch off the wipers.
Open up the motor, clean out the grease and bend the contacts a bit.

A fix and better explanation for this problem is on Nissan Primera Owners Club. You will need to join (free) to view this.
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p11-fixing-the-wipers-autopark-function_topic35006.html

Or buy a replacement wiper motor.

Back