Help needed!

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
Sorry to steal your attention...

i am looking to get two guages,

52 mm rev and (insert dial here) counter

would really appreciate some suggestions as to what that other could be

AND

recomendations for which ones to buy, would like to keep the whole install at under £90

for appearances sake i would love it if you know of any brands who do more than one type of counter,

and any pointers towards pods i could buy to fit them to the pillar ( similar to hooded's car )

any help would be massively appreciated,

Tom

Vacuum gauge, lets you know how economically you're driving, I just fitted one to my clio, very interesting to see what's goin on in the manifold

I can highly recommend Swoosh gauges, or Tim, haven't used any others but autogauge are reasonable priced

Ebay is pretty good for gauges, my 60mm stealth vacuum gauge cost me £10 delivered

cool,

i havent ordered the counters yet lol

i have got a pod and will get a spare pillar to fit them to and drill holes before i spend money i dont have, bloody uni :(

thanks for your help though,

what would the AFR one help with? i dont understand it really...

afr or air fuel ratio just shows how the burn is in the engine. if its too lean (too little fuel), too rich (too much fuel) or just right.

oh ok,

so would tht be more beneficial than the vacuum one?

i want to be sure before i buy it,

planning on doing this as a bit of a project to refurb my interior is all and want to get it right first time

Well a vac gauge will tell you how hard you are accelerating. An AFR gauge will warn you if you are damaging your engine, and let you know how how efficiently you are burning fuel

ok cool cool

think i will go with the AFR and a rev counter then,

got the pod on the way,

will order these after next pay check me thinks :)

thanks guys,

i dont have much spare money at the moment, for what i want/need 90 is more than enough...

i'm giong to go for pillar mounted, facelift dash is not particulary flat or well suited for dash mounted pods :(

In my whole modding life I've only spent £100 on gauges. That got me a rev counter, volt gauge, amp gauge and vac gauge, you just need to know where to look

Theres some pics in my blog of a vacuum gauge i fitted in mine tom. Managed to get it all for free off a mate and i just plumbed it in myself. Just if you were looking for ideas thats all(Y)

Flat_out

i remember seeing that,

looks good,

well i havent ordered dials yet,

so i am still debating,

anything else i could have instead?

Well as olly said theres, vacuum, volt, amp, rev counter, could also have oil pressure, oil temp or even a clock if yours hasnt got one in? I think aslong as they tie in with the current interior it'l look good. Anythin big stuck out the dash or a flourescent colour looks chavvy to me, but hey thats just my opinion lol.

Best of luck

Flat_out

i'll be going for black faces, will be spraying the pod grey to match the pillars, to try and be subtle,

think i will go with rev and vacum, just so it does something lol i know mine runs rich All the time due to the bigger airbox and filter :)

Back