Help needed A/C

CMF_Tinky

» CMF Member
My question does your A/C fan {behind condensor) run all the time with A/C switched on and blower running? I have no power to fan 15A fuse (in front of battery under cover ok). Is there a relay that controls this & where is it located? Air works compressor cuts in and out traced wires to relay labeled "rr fog" on cover does this control the fan as well? Thanks in advance.

CMF_azman89

» CMF Member
I don't usually help people in this manner, but you caught me on a good day.
If you have the a/c button active and the blower fan on ANY speed, the condenser fan should operate continuously. The radiator thermo fan is on a completely separate circuit.
You may notice the a/c is cycling on and off much faster than usual. This is due to the pressure build up in the a/c system, which is due to excessive temperatures. Your pressure switch is cutting power to the compressor clutch.
If you have no power TO the fuse, as you've mentioned, then you have a supply problem. Remove the fuse box and inspect for corroded/broken terminals or wiring.
If you have no power OUT OF the fuse. Replace said fuse.
If your test lamp lights up on both sides of the fuse, check power at the appropriate relay, by removing the relay and probing the terminals. You can also bridge pins 30 and 87 by checking the bottom of the relay and bridging the appropriate pins in the relay block. If your fan doesn't work at this point. Check power at the fan. Carefully.
If no power (remembering to check the fans earth supply too), replace condenser fan.
OR...
You could take it to a shop. Us tradies have bills to pay too you know. It'll take a few minutes for a professional to find the problem for you. Then you won't have to waste days on the forums...

CMF_Tinky

» CMF Member
Thanks for the tips azman. Got stuffed around by to many "professionals" :( that's why I tackle most jobs myself and learn from it & save $ . I too have a trade & bills & micra ! Seriously you have explained it well in a logical way. Hope you have a nice day :)

CMF_kallam1

» CMF Member
Hey mate try swapping your ac relay with a good 1 ( that's powering something else , like headlights maybe , just make sure it's the same relay , should be a diagram on top of the relay

Back