Help/advice on 1.6

Broony

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I am in the middle of putting in a 1.6 primera engine in but need some advie on how to get it lined up and using what mounts heres a few pictures:
09112007018.jpg 09112007019.jpg 09112007020.jpg 09112007021.jpg 09112007022.jpg 09112007023.jpg

I havent used the micra engine/gearbox mounts as they dont fit so i have used the primera mounts and brackets im in the process of lining them up. any advice would be great as what to use ect.

if it were me i would get the drive shafts in and line it up that way, just make sure it is straight and level, try to use as many existing engine mounting points as possible cos these will be stronger than welded ones.

its all going to have to be custom, to get it to fit properly. and if you are having custom shafts, then i suggest you get the engine more central and move the water pully away from the chassis leg. otherwise a mod will have to be made there.

it depends on how much money you have, how much work you want to do, and how good you are at welding. i have heard horrble things about welded engine mounts breaking.... like Titch's car, the gearbox dropped out on the motorway!!!

We have already made room for the water pull just incase and will be plated and welded up. step dad is a professional welder just need the thing lined up, as the primera mounting bracket is fouling the strut leg so i think a custom bracket will hav to made for the engine mount to sit in.

wel broony all i can say is to mount the engine in 1st then make the driveshafts up, which is how i done it, but everyone to there own....have you decided yet wether your using the micra or primera cross member? as for the drivers side mount and gearbox of the micra i would have stuck with them....you would have jus needed to alter them slightly, but seen as you gona use the primera's then jus have to do what you can, at the end of the day it all depends on how you get the engine to sit in the bay..

lte me know
ScOpEz

the micra engine mount was miles away from bolting up to the engine so ive had to use primera ones as for the gear box i can just weld up the holes and drill new ones.

think im going to use the micra one with prima brackets bolted in.

any photos youo can share with me scopes just as guide mate?

Back