Heater not working

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
on the centre console u have the "four dots" that represents the heater contol speeds.

on one the heating does nothing, on two it does nothing and on three it does nothing?? :-(

however on for (the fastest) it works and get a stream of air in ur face?

is it fuses (i dont think it is, but might be wrong) or is it wiring behind the console??

thanks

Napster

CMF_Grincheuse

» CMF Member
neither did i find the link? i've got the same problem.... guess it is the resistor card... just wanted to be sure before i get a new one...its not easy to find...on the market

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
well i had a look and couldnt seem to be able to even take the "Glove box" out of the way lol (in my deffence it was only a quick look lol)

i took two screws out from underneath it, but it still stayed in place lol

will have another go lol

Napster

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
one question!?
umm, u say its behind the glove box, up to the left? well if u open the glove box and look up to the left, do u think its that "casing thing" (sorry on bad description, but i cant tell without a torch or better light lol)?

u dont have to have a look if u dont want to, i was only stating wot i think it is?

cheers

Napster

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
i thought i would check fuses and stuff, just 2make sure that it wasnt them making the heating not working. fuses where fine but i had a "10amp fuse" missing from "aircon"??? my car hasnt got asircon, and wasnt sure if that was y "control 1, 2, 3 on heater not working??".

then i thought id have a look for lose connections??

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS, AND WHAT IT COMNNCETS 2!?

cheers

napster

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
It could be just a spare, just like the slot for the aircon fuse.
If your fan works on high speed & none of the lower speeds, or high speed in all positions, it will be the resister card, nothing else.
This is a very very very common fault that develops in many cars, not just micra.
Look around the glovebox area for a plug with around 4-6 wires, there won't be many. It should be easy enough for you to find.

Back