heater control cover panel

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Whilst changing a 2002 coilpack to a none coilpack engine I used prefacelift looms this left me with a problem of where to put the switch,s for hazards, heated rear window and fog light, now as I want to retain the facelift dash board this is what ive come up with, no doubt its been done before but here it is in its unfinished state..........

Attachments

• PICT0028.JPG
    PICT0028.JPG
    791 KB · Views: 252
  • PICT0029.JPG
    PICT0029.JPG
    793.8 KB · Views: 223
Whilst changing a 2002 coilpack to a none coilpack engine I used prefacelift looms this left me with a problem of where to put the switch,s for hazards, heated rear window and fog light, now as I want to retain the facelift dash board this is what ive come up with, no doubt its been done before but here it is in its unfinished state..........

that is awesome! i like that idea alot :D but doesn't the facelift have a hazard switch and rear window heater switch on the top of the dash?

yes correct nex the facelift has got the hazard and heated rear window switch at the top but the looms ive used also has the fog light switch as well plus it would mean i would have to cut and solder the two looms together to make the facelift switches work this way it cuts all that out, I will just blank the top hole off or just paint the switches matt black or silver to make them look like something else.

yes correct nex the facelift has got the hazard and heated rear window switch at the top but the looms ive used also has the fog light switch as well plus it would mean i would have to cut and solder the two looms together to make the facelift switches work this way it cuts all that out, I will just blank the top hole off or just paint the switches matt black or silver to make them look like something else.

ah fair enough,

if you were extemely lucky you might find a clock that fits into that slot, there were some thai micras that had a clock there instead of the two switches, that would be perfect

I was thinking that I have some lying around somewhere i think. but not from a micra I think they were british leyland jobby,s lol

I was thinking that I have some lying around somewhere i think. but not from a micra I think they were british leyland jobby,s lol

ooooh well that would be awesome if that worked, it would look very smart!

nex after a goodnights sleep ive decided to improve the switch bank so the one in pics wont be used as its not the look im after, I want a more uniform look, you know as if it was ment to be there and not just glued in place so later today I will be doing another one that will look 100 times better

nex after a goodnights sleep ive decided to improve the switch bank so the one in pics wont be used as its not the look im after, I want a more uniform look, you know as if it was ment to be there and not just glued in place so later today I will be doing another one that will look 100 times better

fair enough mate, i look forward to seeing what you come up with :)

but i still think it wouldn't be that hard to solder on the plugs for the original switches in the dash and then attach the foglight one to the indicator stalks or something

It would be easy mate if my eyesight wasnt failing I cant see close work as its all blury I would have to get someone else to do it, and I dont know anyone confident enough that I would trust, but this will do for now............needs some more work as I didnt have any high build primer to hand and to see the scratches ive used chrome paint....it will be finished tommorow

Attachments

• PICT0030.JPG
    PICT0030.JPG
    761.3 KB · Views: 208
It would be easy mate if my eyesight wasnt failing I cant see close work as its all blury I would have to get someone else to do it, and I dont know anyone confident enough that I would trust, but this will do for now............needs some more work as I didnt have any high build primer to hand and to see the scratches ive used chrome paint....it will be finished tommorow

its so crap that you are so far away, i would happily do it for you, and i do wiring properly, with shrink wrapped, twisted and tinned wires, all soldered and everything.

but that looks awesome mate, cant wait to see how it looks in the dash :D

now you know what I ment by confident so many people try to do it wrong and it causes more problems lol........

exactly. i always twist the wires, then tin them, then solder them, then unsolder them because i forgot the heat shrink lol, and then fit the heat shink, before i used to twist and tape them, and i got so many problems its just not worth it

LOL many times have i done a job and forget the heatshrink then have it to do again, and how many ppl still use flux..........

LOL many times have i done a job and forget the heatshrink then have it to do again, and how many ppl still use flux..........

its a pain isn't it lol,

oooh very long time since i used flux, i used to have it in a little round tin :D but now its all in the core of the solder

wow! seriously mate i am impressed! that looks awesome! it looks really factory, well done!

Nex that coming from you is a big big compliment cheers mate

well thanks :D, so is the switches up top for electric windows?

i cant wait to see it all back together, the silver highlights work perfectly, its got that just off stock look

yes there electric window switch.s not wired up to anything but they fit a treat and solves the problem of what to put there, and yes the alloy colour is stock so tried to make it look factory

yes there electric window switch.s not wired up to anything but they fit a treat and solves the problem of what to put there, and yes the alloy colour is stock so tried to make it look factory

thats perfect, they do look really well fitting actually. and yea some centre console plates were silver from the factory so it looks really normal as if nissan did it!

hupefully fingers crossed the engine and box ive used only coverd 54k so it should be fine and all the underpinnings are 2002 so should be still nice and tight...

Back