Headlamp beam adjustment

Hi everyone,

I just replaced my left headlamp of my K10, because it was rusted.
But ofcourse the beam of my new headlamp need's some adjustment.

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks (Y)

I've never understood why the MOT people go to such great lengths when aligning the Headlamps.....fuss fuss fuss.....as long as they aren't pointing up into the trees it should be ok...the left hand Lamp should be down and to the left onto the verge :)

I've never understood why the MOT people go to such great lengths when aligning the Headlamps.....fuss fuss fuss.....as long as they aren't pointing up into the trees it should be ok...the left hand Lamp should be down and to the left onto the verge :)

i,ve gotta dissagree :upside:, some tw@ up my butt, lighting my headlining up and blinding my rearview mirror drives me mad grr

im gonn replace one of mine too (well reminded)...I think I'll light 'em up and draw a line around the pattern on the indide of my garage door before I remove teh duff one...then math the replaced one into the drawn outline :)

I agree with Frank.

That, or you have a car coming head-on with one light 100x brighter than the other due to alignment!!

I hear what you're saying Frank/Steve :)

We need 'reactalite' mirrors to stop the Glare :grinning:

The main beam of both lamps should imo just cross each other and be just off the road pointing ahead....but that's me :laugh:

Does anyone know the beam angle? My missus bumped mine recently and although I'm replacing the headlights anyway (bottom of reflector is rusted on both) I now have no reference for the passenger side since it's been knocked out of alignment.

TIA

BG

I'm looking into getting one fitted, got to find out what's needed ;)

my dad bought one for his transit van years ago, dunno if its the same thing or not but it was an auto diping mirror, had a lil battery pack on the back of it and just dipped whenever bright lights came behind.

Back