Headlight Beam Adjustment

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any guides to adjust my headlight beam height to the correct level without tools?

Is someone able to park their car against a wall later and make measurements from floor to top of the beam? Also state if you're lowered and how much by so I can make some calculations :) and say how far from the wall you are.

Maybe a picture of how your beam looks against the wall? I feel my light spread is very poor and although the lights are bright, they light up little of the road.

We'll compare later!

Thanks chaps

I'd offer mine but my drivers side is way off, am waiting on this thread too lol. I'll see if I can use the flatmates fiesta for some measuring if you remind me at about 5 ish

I park mines about 2m away from a wall and i think the main beam is approx knee height, you want me to do proper measurements? Only thing is ive recently swapped headlights but the beam etc seemed ok

I park mines about 2m away from a wall and i think the main beam is approx knee height, you want me to do proper measurements? Only thing is ive recently swapped headlights but the beam etc seemed ok
If you could :)

My light spread on the road seems really bad. I think mine are about waist high!

I park on straight flat back alley road,
full tank,
tyres pumped,
headlight beam dial at zero if fitted
and then adjust each light till the top of the beam is at the horizon

Elaborate please :oops: Dead ahead? Straight?

headlight.PNG

the h/l panels and h/l plastic mounts are very flimsy eh scott, mine were fully adjusted but still out of line (ghetto extra adjustments were needed :))

the h/l panels and h/l plastic mounts are very flimsy eh scott, mine were fully adjusted but still out of line (ghetto extra adjustments were needed :))

Worth taking to a MOT garage and paying for headlight alignment?

Or just tinker till they are inline when I reverse? The left side goes way off and lights up street signs..

Spent 10 mins adjusting the headlights.

Got the beam to be central and even when moving further back. Left light aims towards kerb also.
Light spread is good.

I think I'm too used to my friends' HIDs which light up everything like the sun.

BONUS, a blurry, wannabe arty HDR shot
aW4UoCZ.jpg

Back