has anyone ever done this? simple mod

k11stew

Ex. Club Member
put a facelift facelift rear bumper on a prefacelift k11?

if the top mouldings were smoothed and the bottom one left as it is but painted black i think it would look pretty good...maybe with a 3" pipe out of each side...

heres one on ebay for a tenner.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-MICRA-2002-REAR-BUMPER_W0QQitemZ160288263953QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160288263953&_trkparms=72%3A1301|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I think the rear bumper is a straight swap, its only the front end that is a problem with facelift/prefacelift, sounds like a cool idea. (Y)

yeah straight swap, would look sweet on the right car, most people would think it was an aftemarket bumper.

the only problem is you have to cut them out for the exhaust. as said would look sweet on a smoothed k11 and had a custom exhaust made after to the bumper was fitted.

Hacksaw, curved file and a bit o skill is all you need (see my blog) (Y), if you wanted to cut the rear bumper for some sort of custom exhaust jobby then make sure you dont take it to someone who knows what theyre doing, nothing worse than an exhaust that doesnt line up properly!

looks like hes just got a colour coded prefacelift rear and 2001 front bumper on there mate.
as said it would be an easy job, i might actually get one from a scrappy, do it then sell it on here...

looks like hes just got a colour coded prefacelift rear and 2001 front bumper on there mate.
as said it would be an easy job, i might actually get one from a scrappy, do it then sell it on here...

Probably was the original rear bumper, but I think the front sport+ bumper looked very nice, don't you?

Back