Hardcore micra owners only!!

CMF_2

» CMF Member
Well....it's a bit sad after some of us turned away from the micra and fallen into their new love ones.

I want to know how many of us here DO know they will NEVER turn away from their micra/s (can still buy new cars but still keep the micra as a collection.)

ME.....

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Me also. Thinking of getting a Micra tatoo.
Thats hardcore. Will always have my Micras unless they get written off/stolen.
Anyway never get my money back but that is not the reason I will never sell.
I want to spend the rest of my years blowing away whatever I can.
Old man in his little shopping trolly .... its the ultimate sleeper and cops do not look at me at all.

cisco

» CMF Member
What a great thread you started No.2.

I'm here to stay. Bluey will be with me for a very long time. No matter what other car I ever ended up getting, even something larger for a family maybe one day etc, then well the micra would still be my favourite street racer car to never be sold.

No way in the world would/could I sell the blue monster.

I enjoy it far too much every single day of driving. Its like an awesome project, something that I'm always improving. Always another way to improve the car further and further.

Yes agree with White Knight, the ultimate sleeper. Noone ever picks it.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
I am planning on being buried in my micra, had mine since new too, mipcar, and yes I realise that it's a waste of a good car, but hey, a coffin would probably be more expensive than what my kids would get for the mic if they sold it...we have a lot of history together, my car and me, and dare I say we're pretty inseparable. I'd just like to say that I pity the poor bastard that ever smashes into my little baby, she's a virgin as far as smash repairers go and I'd like to keep it that way.

CMF_Gareth

» CMF Member
I will keep the Micra no matter what. My kids will inherit it when they are old enough to drive so thats at least another 15-20 years. By then it will have well and truly reached monster status:)

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Gee guys its great to read your comments.
I dunno when I jump in and turn the key its another world.
Like I become one with it and know all its little quirks, how hard I can push it(almost) and well any excuse to go driving.
Even sitting in Hack with the ball and chain at the wheel is a good feel listening to all the right noises.
On and off boost, up and down hills, rounding up other cars at a moments notice,the way they handle, the sleeper affect etc.
Jump in another car and well its not the same.
I LOVE MY MICRAS.
I am crazy I know.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
hi everyone, Afew weeks ago i was test driving a VR4 galant, these cars are great and i would of brought it but was offered $1500 for my Super S as a trade in.

I was thinking on the way home how hard would it be to chase up another Super S in a couple of years if i wanted to go back.
Theres something inside that said dont do it youll regrete it.

Now the unbreakable drivetrain will go in and wheels will
go on and there will be no turning back.Hopefully i can spend about 5 or so years moding up the Super and then try and talk the wife into keeping the car as a daily driver and getting an Evo to play with.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
yes, great thread '2', will definatly not sell the micra, always keep it, only add to it > would luv to get LX to stripout cage it and race it, maybe even put a race preped 12A screamer or even one of those 26B custom quad rotor's from NewZealand in there if i could fit it, mmmm 450BHP without turbo's. Actually on second though the quad rotor would be overkill :p, just a rae preped 12A should do it. lol now that would be wheel spinningly fun, a Front-Mid Mounted Rearwheel Drive 12A @ 12000rpm rotary powered micra, muhahahaha, still be 1300cc too :p

Alex

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
To me its either

1. It's not worth selling..Keep it until it dies

or

2. Trade up. Strip it, return to stock and sell off all my turbo goodies, sell the car.

At the moment I want to keep it (Since I just spent a ****load on getting it going again) and see how it goes.

However, its not exactly very authority friendly..if anything were to happen..ie defected, EPA'd..then it'd be time to go..because I don't have the funds to go through getting it engineered and what not.

Touch wood.

cisco

» CMF Member
Come on evade, all or nothing. Hate to see all your hard work go to waste simply because of a defect notice.

They could defect your drift silvia just as easily if you don't have its mods engineered aswell.

I think I just got ripped off re:engineering, I've heard that you can get cars done for pretty cheap from some places?

CMF_MALLIE

» CMF Member
Okay there was a time when I wanted to sell my Micra but after spending more time with it and going to the meet in Canberra I have gained a lot of love and respect for the little car.

I love driving my Micra around, it's a fun car to drive and always makes me smile when I'm behind the wheel.

I could see my Micra being my daughter's first car in say 2019 when she's old enough to drive (she's be 3 this month).

Once my wife finally gets her licence I doubt I'll be allowed to drive my Maxima again so I gotta love my Micra. LOL

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
This engineering cert.is a funny thing.
Never heard of it down here and asking around no one seems to care/know.
I have had no trouble with rego/insurance and my insurnace company lists my mods ie turbocharged/supercharged, alloy wheels etc. no questions asked.
Times I have been pulled up *cough* all they do is look at the tyres. I reckon 99% of them would not have a clue what is under the bonnet.
They do not link the Micra to the modded scene and thats why outside I keep it as normal looking as possible.
Just an old fart in his little Micra.
Yeah baby yeah!!!!

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
I am definately in for the long Micra haul. how many people are lucky enough to buy the same beautiful car back twice!, as I was. Have bought a very ugly (but surprisingly fast!) Nissan Pintara Superhatch manual (same 12 valve motor as the TRX) to take care of the more practical side of life (wife and baby twin girls). But the Micra remains my passion and every day driver. There is nothing better than hopping in her every morning, staring her up and doing that 100k trip to work and back. I am still amazed at the zip and handling capabilities of this now 9 year old car. I often have the chance to test drive many small new cars of today and none have that special feel of the little Micra. I think those of us that have the luck and good sense and good taste to be the owners of one (or two) of these little beauties are truly blessed. Amen!

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
There have been a few times over the years I have been tempted to part with my Micra... but in the end I just can't let it go. They are such a charming, cheerful, reliable, economical and fun little car.

None of the todays affordable small cars really offer any advantages over a 'Super S' (apart from airbags)

Even today after ten years the K11 Micra still has class leading performance and economy !.

Shame we can't buy a brand new K11 like they can in Taiwan !.

CMF_2

» CMF Member
Love to read all your inspiring comments.Fantastic!!! :)

I always having fights with my g.f because of "2". Its because i spend more time thinking of "2" more than "honey".But "honey" you are more important than "2".You know..........

Back