Hard drive data recovery

Ian

Ex. Club Member
I need to recover about 80gb worth of stuff from a corrupt hdd.. anyone know any decent programs to use? I tried stella pheonix but it keeps crashing out on me :|

file scavenger, its amazing but takes an age, with 80gb it will take 12 hours ish, i have a seperate computer for data recovery, mainly because you cant do anything else while its running, or you could try to recover the MBR

well its on a non bootable drive, just a data drive. Stella would do it, if it wasnt crashing out :\

yeah it still works fine, stella can read akll the data i want, but for some reason it started crashing out on me (probably cos i tried to crack it lol)

try a different program like paddy says. i also hear good things about putting the hdd in the fridge for data recovery ;) worth a shot if its important stuff!

funny my brothers hard drive went this morning, that program paddy said to use (file scavenger) seemed to do the job nicely! need to use a crack for it tho.

Don't put a hard drive in the fridge or freezer if you can read data off it, you are more likely to damage it than anything.

Sorry, but I beg to differ have done so on server drives many a time when they've had various problems such as overheating.

yeah 80 gig worth of data recovery is lot of work for a HDD, i might rig up an 80mm fan next to it to keep it from heating up too much.

Hugh said:
Sorry, but I beg to differ have done so on server drives many a time when they've had various problems such as overheating.

I'd agree with Hugh. Its a last resort but its a possible solution if your desperate.

rlees85 said:
need to use a crack for it tho.

Im sure you dont if you purchase it. If your data means that much to you, then you shouldnt hesitate in purchasing software to get it back

Hugh said:

If you can read data off the hard drive fine, there really is absolutely no point in putting it in a freezer. Most problems with data going missing aren't physical or overheating, and all you are doing is risking problems with condensation (which will happen), and if you cock it up, water ingress. I agree, as a last ditch effort it might work, but if a data recovery program is getting it off, it isn't worth it.

Back