H4 headlight bulbs?

J

Jim

Hi,

I know this was asked quite a few times on the old forum but I can't remember what was said. Has anyone upgraded their headlight bulbs from the standard yellow glow?

I've found these and according to the company (who I e-mailed) they will fit fine and safely on a K10. Really I just want a second opinion from people in the know as to whether these can be used perfectly safely? Thanks.

I'm not quite sure as well.. They may fit.. seen something like that earlier, but cant remember exactly which ones fitted and which ones dont... :/

YES they do fit and s they do work they are the type i have (had) on my k10 (beast:p) lol

weird having to describe which k10 now hahaha. ne ways
to confirm they should fit fine if they are what it says on the tin so to speak :D

nice one, well i ordered these instead off ebay. what do you think of yours when you had them wayne?

if you become an official member, you can get 10% discount on those in the first link ;)

Once again, lack of money!
I hope to become a full member by the summer, i just wont know where i stand till i get my insurance in June, duno wot way this whiplash claim is goin to go! Hopefully it will be thrown out and ill send off my 20 pounds (probly cost me 40 euro altogether) and continue to modify my motor! Starting wit a nice set of H4 XENON's!

RE: RE: H4 headlight bulbs?

Jim said:
if you become an official member, you can get 10% discount on those in the first link ;)

How? Im an official member and wouldnt mind some :)

Jim said:
nice one, well i ordered these instead off ebay. what do you think of yours when you had them wayne?

they look like the blue tinted ones that powerbulbs site also listed.. I've ordered the ones at the top of the page. Hopefully they're better than my current ones!!

Well mine arrived today and I just fitted them, very happy with the results so far, obviously can't tell all that much in daylight!

Below are the before and after pictures for those interested, purposely underexposed to show them better!

BEFORE

before.jpg

AFTER

after.jpg

Might do something with the sidelights now, hmm.

:upside:

Jim, the powerbulbs one come with some free sidelight bulbs too, i cant remember which ones but they looked pretty good from the name! Will get mine fitted tonight (as they arrived this morning) and get pictures of the difference

right im not fitting mine cos its pissing it down but will do them tomorrow :)

the sidelights consisted of two type 501 bulbs in blue. not sure if they'l fit as ive never changed the sitelights before so we'l see!

Attachments

• ga16 rocker.jpg
    ga16 rocker.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 403
i found some on their site that i'll probably get, the phillips T4W thingy's.

just tested the lights in the dark, they're superb, i can blind people who pull out on me now!

Jim said:
i found some on their site that i'll probably get, the phillips T4W thingy's.

just tested the lights in the dark, they're superb, i can blind people who pull out on me now!

Mate these were the free ones i got with my H4 bulbs! They're much brighter :) i'l get a picture on later

yeah i know they are, but i had already brought my ebay ones!

anyway i ordered those phillips ones and i got another set free o_O :laugh:

so either way i've only spent about £18, same as the original powerbulbs and i got an extra set free

Can never have too many light bulbs with you! :D

For those moment where you think:"Hey, am I going blind? I just lost the left side of my sight..."
Then you can change em right away! :laugh:

I fitted my headlight bulbs today and the bloody headlight itself fell out the car!!! talk about pissed off, (my car had been in a front ender before i bought it).. didnt have all the tools to fit it properley so just forced it back in place

Anyway all bulbs changed and they're excellent! So much brighter and can see further down the road.

Hi,

I got a set of some similar bulbs from Hong Kong which arrived this morning. They are 'Plasma Blue Bulbs' by Maruta Technology according to the front of the box.

I fitted them this morning, only took about literally 1 minute per headlight. I've drove home from work with them today, and they are fabulous! They are very,very bright silvery white... with a slight hint of ice blue in there too. I only paid £4.99 for mine delivered from Hong Kong, and they took just over a week to arrive.

These are the one's I bought:

h4.JPG

whitebulbs_pic4.jpg

-Elliot

Hi Wayne,

I got them off Ebay. He's usually selling loads of them at the same time, and if you get in with a starting bid of 99p near the end of the auction, nobody bothers out-bidding you as there is that many.

I got them off this guy:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/H4_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfrppZ25QQfromZR10QQsacatZ-1QQcatrefZC6QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsadisZ200QQsellerZ1QQsassZextras4nzQQfltZ9QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQcoactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch

There's 13 of them on there at the moment. :)

-Elliot

Back