GTi-R

CMF_Spazz

» CMF Member
quick answer is no... you need to make it fit (altering firewall etc etc) depending on your local laws it might not be allowed.

I know in Qld the biggest your allowed to go is 2.3ltr non turbo or a 1.9ltr turbo check with your local departments before doing what we all dream of doing...

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
Spazz WROTE:

"quick answer is no... you need to make it fit (altering firewall etc etc) depending on your local laws it might not be allowed. <BR><BR>I know in Qld the biggest your allowed to go is 2.3ltr non turbo or a 1.9ltr turbo check with your local departments before doing what we all dream of doing...<BR>

no need to alter the firewall..

CMF_Spazz

» CMF Member
From the research I have done regarding the conversion it will be easier to alter the firewall so you can use the the GTiR running gear e.g gearbox and driveshafts...

I am also keen to know on how this conversion can be achieved... is there any SR20 conversions in Oz or anyone with some constructive input?

constructive input = yes it can be done. why you'd use a 4wd gearbox in a fwd is beyond me thou.. you need to use a different brake booster to clear the plenum. no chasis/firewall mods need to be done whatsoever. yeh, sr20 conversion in qld is illegal, but whats stopping you from getting sr16/18 numbers and punching them onto a 20 block? :D... you'd use a gearbox from a sr20 manual pulsar.. n14/n15
imo, you'd be better of getting a u13 bluebird motor and slot that in instead of a gtir.. we all know 99% of micra owners are tight as, the cheaper the better... i think you'll find there's a fair bit of info on the uk site about the sr conversion's... same rules regarding fitment apply.. be it here or in the uk.

Back