grinding noise from driver rhs...

Hi , all the way from Fiji Islands, have a 1994 K11 1l Manual...problem when i go on a smooth road it makes a grinding noise....like ball joint or tie rod....also the mounting underneath the battery case left the chasis so had it welded.this lil beauty has a mint interior and only underneath is giving problems..any solution please :( want to keep this car.

Personally I would get her up on axle stands with the wheels off. Then you can run the engine in 3rd or 4th gear safely and begin to look for the problem. Check your boots wheel side for rips/loss of grease, take a socket extension to press against where you think the noise is... Lets you hear to get closer to the problem without ripping your ear off or you could be really lucky and have grit caught between the disc and brake pad

hi Bls,,,have checked the pad is ok, boot is intact and looks good as new., before putting in axle stand do you reckon i pull out the tie rod and have a look at ball joint also... as they seemed fixed ok...creepy stuff is noise happens on smooth road and on clumpsy roads hardly...fiji is full of clumpsy road btw..haha...

Attachments

• old blue grin.JPG
    old blue grin.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Back