Knocking/rattle noise from front right - video link attached

Hi people,

Ive started to notice a knocking/rattle noise on the front driver side wheel. It only happens when you go over any sort of bumps. on smooth roads its fine. It sounds like something is loose.

Searching on google i think it maybe the tie rod? can anyone confirm this? is it a common problem on micras? Next question is does it need sorting?

Ive done a video of the noise:

[video]http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/burr_ger/?action=view&current=IMG_0241.mp4[/video]

Cheers for the replies. do you think its critical i change them now? its due a service soon so i will prob get it done then if thats the case?

Right it looks like the noise is coming from the caliper. I kick the tyre and you can hear a similar noise. ANyone a know of any problems with calipers on micra? or advise where to go from here?

Cheers

[video]http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/burr_ger/?action=view&current=IMG_0241.mp4[/video][/QUOTE]

shook me!
you got the SR yeh?
might be the ratling of the metal sheild on the calipers??

Right it looks like the noise is coming from the caliper. I kick the tyre and you can hear a similar noise. ANyone a know of any problems with calipers on micra? or advise where to go from here?

Cheers

they stick sometimes, but rarely rattle fwn, the way to test a bottom balljoint is to push and pull the top of the wheel while someone shines a torch down at the bottom of the hub (the play wont show if you jack the car up)

My micra is an SI, i need to have a closer look when i take the wheel off over the weekend.

Noise it get worse though so i think i need to do something about it

they stick sometimes, but rarely rattle fwn, the way to test a bottom balljoint is to push and pull the top of the wheel while someone shines a torch down at the bottom of the hub (the play wont show if you jack the car up)

Looks like i might need to take it to a garage for them to have a better look. I will see what i can find over the weekend first.

Cheers

Sounds pretty much like mine atm but mines more of deeper knocking n rattle, got 3 different garages to check what it was and all said same and turned out to be track rod ends,, maybe worth jackin up and just see if your track rod ends wobble by gripping and movin up n down or gently usin palm banging against seein if same noise and if its loose most likely that cause I thought it was my springs at first, I might be totally wrong and will take the stick but just seems so similar to my problem which is gettin fixed nw :)

SORTED!

Turns out to be the clips that hold the brake pads in place. The Cost £40 for the guy to take the caliper apart find out what the problem was and sourced out the clips to hold the brake pads in place.

Noise was very annoying and to be honest i didnt want to be spending money replacing parts in the hope it would get rid of the noise. £40, done and dusted, thanks very much.

Cheers for everyones reply to the post. Im a happy micra owner :)

Back