Great article about Micra and Sunderland: rare 1992 K11 footage inside. RIP Micra U.K

If someone can grab this, I can host it so we can all have a copy :)!

Are they not selling K12 here now? Video suggests they've just moved production to India...

hahahahaha that 1992 footage is soooo cheesy :D i dont think its the end of the k12 just the end of them being produced in sunderland ;)

I think that maybe Kev or James could ask BBC, explaining them they're from the MSC biggest european Micra comunity, if it would be possible to have a copy from the entire 1992 footage (and 2 000 000 green FAIL Micra) in order to save them.
Cheers
Seb

I think that maybe Kev or James could ask BBC, explaining them they're from the MSC biggest european Micra comunity, if it would be possible to have a copy from the entire 1992 footage (and 2 000 000 green FAIL Micra) in order to save them.
Cheers
Seb

well that video does just about sum up the facelift..

Ahah yep, mistake of the worker "I've been here since the first micra" WRONG !

That Juke is a Joke.
I read that It can be downloaded with HiDownload, anybody tried yet ?

For me the micra went downhill when the facelift k11 came out, the yellow inspiration just look like pikachu's on wheels lol. They became too bland and girly. The k12 is basically a cleo in a chicken suit so i won't miss that, yes yes k12 owners i'm sure it's a decent litte car before anybody gets miffed.
When nissan sold out to renault they lost their character and in my oppinion they lost their uniqueness, now they're just another euro car company which is a great shame i think.
And for anyone who's interested they did design and manufacture a k13 micra and it was due to be released this november, not as the k13, but as the w112... i know, stupid as it is. I think that the w112 is the car that will be made in india so we may still have micras but they ain't gonna be jordies :p

For me the micra went downhill when the facelift k11 came out, the yellow inspiration just look like pikachu's on wheels lol. They became too bland and girly. The k12 is basically a cleo in a chicken suit so i won't miss that, yes yes k12 owners i'm sure it's a decent litte car before anybody gets miffed.
When nissan sold out to renault they lost their character and in my oppinion they lost their uniqueness, now they're just another euro car company which is a great shame i think.
And for anyone who's interested they did design and manufacture a k13 micra and it was due to be released this november, not as the k13, but as the w112... i know, stupid as it is. I think that the w112 is the car that will be made in india so we may still have micras but they ain't gonna be jordies :p

Nice one mate, I'm with you on the "micra went downhill when the facelift k11 came out" (Y)

Really? I really like the facelift version, well mine anyway, it doesn't have any of the lazy tools like PAS abs and what not,

Its just a completely plain model with some great acceleration and handling + it doesnt look bad either stockk, i can't complain ^^

Nissan need to come off this "Futuristic" style, its turning their image ugly, they need to get back into the realm of small compact cars, which can be upgraded/repaired at a decent price, and when i say small and compact, i dont mean big 'n' bulky.

Really? I really like the facelift version, well mine anyway, it doesn't have any of the lazy tools like PAS abs and what not,
Its just a completely plain model with some great acceleration and handling + it doesnt look bad either stockk, i can't complain

So you have a facelift bubble shape without PAS? You must have one of the very 1st ones or something, as i understand it nissan made PAS and the airbag standard on all facelift models onwards. Is your's a 98'?
But I'm with you on the futuristic trash, it just looks so boring, honda started it with the civic & then ford with the focus, now it's like every car out there is made to look like a space ship UFO or something.
I miss the flowing lines and strong shoulder shapes of the 60's, 70's and 80's. I don't care much for the early - mid 90's cars so much, they were just too bland.

Hehe, 1999 k11C facelift, only has alternator and water pump belt so none of the extra stuff, its a barebone model pretty much, really love it though and for a facelift it looks great.
Airbags too though (but they're in all models aren't they)

Dont get me wrong with the futuristic style and that, its quite good, but its no longer unique its being dragged into the design of every car, and alot of the cars are all fitted with all your PAS etc etc standard these days, theres no more options for what people actually want.

Mind you i was in an RS8 (5.2 v10) the other day, and that was heavenly haha

Been wrestling with Download Helper etc. and can't for the life of me get this vid, damn BBC DRM embeddage.. needs to be backed up! very much doubt the bbc would hand it over tho?

So you have a facelift bubble shape without PAS? You must have one of the very 1st ones or something, as i understand it nissan made PAS and the airbag standard on all facelift models onwards. Is your's a 98'?
But I'm with you on the futuristic trash, it just looks so boring, honda started it with the civic & then ford with the focus, now it's like every car out there is made to look like a space ship UFO or something.
I miss the flowing lines and strong shoulder shapes of the 60's, 70's and 80's. I don't care much for the early - mid 90's cars so much, they were just too bland.

the long square box that is the R33 will always be my favourite car (after micras obv :p) I don't get why everything is getting bigger and samier, surely in a competitive market you'd want to be different, but even the new micra looks like the new fiesta.. bleurgh..

Back