Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Cam out in UK yesterday, thankfully only my friend has a PS3 or I'd have had to take a week off work lol

Alan, that is poor...

ordered play.com on wednesday for £16.99 and free postage, on its way right now.....cant wait.

i completed GT1, gt2, gt3 a-spec, gt 3concept, gt 4 prologue and GT4 in a few months..... i still play gt3 over gt4 (just cos its got better cars in it) but the praphics in gt4 are swamped by those in GT5....

there isnt another game out there (let alone a racing one) with this much realism. its insane.

why is it so cheap for a ps 3 game?

Can you play as a micra in this one?

what are your online id's maybe we can have a big race happening,
the only down side i have found with a lot of ps3 games so far is they are only 1 player so when my mates come round we can't have such a laugh.

there isnt another game out there (let alone a racing one) with this much realism. its insane.

Forza 2.

You don't even get any damage it GT5 :suspect: ?! It makes playing multiplayer online a really annoying affair as people just smack you off at the corners to get to the front grr

why is it so cheap for a ps 3 game?

Can you play as a micra in this one?

what are your online id's maybe we can have a big race happening,
the only down side i have found with a lot of ps3 games so far is they are only 1 player so when my mates come round we can't have such a laugh.

it is basically a glorified demo, that's why it's cheap, the 2 player split screen is really good on this - admittedly you don't get teh awesome cockpit view, but there is a good level of detail in the B/G + cars in 2p.

Pete - the lack of damage is disappointing, as is the genereally weak AI, but I think this is a game where it's more about bragging rights and mega-realism than beating a computer-controlled car. They are constantly refining the penalty system on this one, but I've read it doesn't work too well ATM on online playing, but that can only improve.
With the amount of detail on the cars on this one (especially the excellent in-car view) maybe the developers don't think that they could do damage justice?

craig

licening issues i believe craig.

I just got a free PS3 with a new phone contract, so i'll be buying this soon :)

Is that actually the case, though, as I've heard it often, but never seen an actual source - NFS, Forza, F, Toca etc. are all licensed and have damage?

They just didnt bother with damage for some weird reason. Too much time spent on the graphics?! It's nothing to do with licencing...

I've played GT5 Prologue online on a friends PS3 and people get really pee'd off if you are winning, they just shunt you straight off and use you to brake in the corners! It's more like BTCC and Jason Plato.

They just didnt bother with damage for some weird reason. Too much time spent on the graphics?! It's nothing to do with licencing...

I've played GT5 Prologue online on a friends PS3 and people get really pee'd off if you are winning, they just shunt you straight off and use you to brake in the corners! It's more like BTCC and Jason Plato.

Haha Jason Plato, reminds me of when I saw the BTCC at Brands, and the pit lane was open and he signed some kid's trainer!
Just think, he would have been champ. had it not been for the Caparo T1!

if its damage you want then go and play toca RD3 or R-factor on pc.

if its choice of cars, upgrades, graphics and driving physics...then play GT5...

the GT series will allways be on top..

Back