Got no power captain!!!!

If you dont know already, i have a x-reg 1.0 with the series of coil packs. engine mods include straight exhaust and induction kit.

Last couple of weeks i seemed to have a power problem, with my foot to the floor not under load she struggles to rev past about 4krpm, gains speed then dies back down. similar underload although just really lacks power.

Hence my poor poor run at pod [removed by admin].
She just reached 19k miles serviced regulary, to try and solve problem spark plugs have been changed, fuel filter, reset ECU and cleaned contacts on the bottom of the coil packs.

Going test the spark on each coil pack tomorrow, anyone had similar problem or any clue as to what the problem may be? Dont want to have it plugged in unlees i have to!
Thankyou

I'm no expert on engines but:

Dodgy Air/fuel mixture.....either Air Mass sensor is playing up and thus not injecting enough fuel.

Or dodgy fuel Injectors.

Only thing I can think of, off the top of my head. Tried adding you to msn, but I guess ur offline?

i only go up to the speed limit! I belong to to strictly legal car clubs, quite high ranking in one! With freinds in cruise sport and a regular at Santa pod! Wouldnt advice you to get Please do not evade the swear filters on your first post, i know the rules! :alien:

Cheers Ollie, MAF would make sense but as rather an expensive route. Im hoping it isnt that, could always take it out and see, ill just check the soldering guide!

could be either maf or oxygen sensor you cant solder your maf as you have a fully sealed one, you can replace just the maf sensor from a p11-144 (facelifted version) i have swaped one with a terrano 2.7 but ive been told by someone one here that it didnt fit for him also you will need a 5 star bit from sykes picavant

do you know whether the the p11 facelifted TB fits straight on? Im going to check out the oxygen sensor tomorrow thankyou, if not ill call nissans and speak to one of the technicians!

no you can remove just the sensor from the throttle body

better ask ed what sensor fits as i recommended one and it didnt fit

could be o2, normally that would bring on the engine light tho.

to test the maf, there are 3 plugs on the throttle body. unplug the one that is highest up and is connected to the actual airflow sensor.

leave the other two plugged in (tps and im not sure what the other one is)

and if the misfiring stops, you have a dodgy maf ;)

Cheers Lee! think you just solved the problem! So next question is what up rated throttle can i fit? bearing in mind its a face lift with more than 3 wires on maf! thankyou

Back