Got a bumper

TriNode

Ex. Club Member
Got a bumper - with lights

Got me a new (old) bumper from a Super S...

Should these come on with dipped or full beam?

I've got the wire behind the driver side headlight, but I'm slightly concerned, I have no relay slot for the driving lights, has anyone put one of these on a GX?

should come on with full beem as they are driving lights and not fog lights, in regards to wiring i don't think early k11's had all wiring fitted. You would need to get it from a wrecked car or just make you own wiring and fit your own switch

When you say with full beam, should it be on with dipped beam too?

is 1997 early?

I have to say I'm confised that the plug for the driving lights is there, but no space for the relay.

edit: just thought, If i ran a relay on the headlight's earth line, I'd have an active circuit whenever the headlights where on in dipped or full, is that the way to go? I really wanna avoid a seperate switch.

i dont know much about the early super s set up, hopefully someone will be able to give you more info.

However the lights are only for use with full beam

ok thanks mike :)

so Super S owners, when do the lights in your bumper come on?
Are the individually switched? If so can they only be put on with main beam or dipped beam, or sidelights or anytime?

Do they come on automatically? if so, with which lights?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Anthony

Edit: Just read the second sentance mike, guess they're not fogs then, maybe spots? (You can have fogs without main I think as mains make it harder to see in fog)

Thanks for the response,

when you've got full beam on, is there no switch on the dash / stalk that can turn the lights off / on?

Cheers

my super s bumper lights only come on at full beam...as you havent got the wiring theres nothing stopping you adding a switch if you want to control them seperatly...though as its main beam, which you only really need on if youre going down pretty dark roads they'll probably never be on anyway. (think mine have been on once the whole time ive owned it)

Same again mine ony come on with full beam...

the reley is under the bonnet in the fusebox near the battery i cant take pics of the whole setup tomoz after uni... will get back to ya if you need them...

same as tredderk11, where do you get them from, i am going to a scrappy on saturday you think i would get them there??

and how much for both front and rear??

cheers

p.s i no it's a bit of topic but would love to know

I did get mine from a scrapyard, but it was the only super s I saw in a scrapyard ever, best i can suggest is get a list of all of the ones you can travel to and go round every one.

It cost £35 including the lamps.

I've got pics up with it sprayed and fitted in the k11 blogs section.

- Anthony

Back