Golf R

cisco

» CMF Member
Picked it up on the weekend, absolutely sparkling.. 6-speed twin-clutch DSG gearbox (which is insane!), leather interior/seats, adaptive chassis control, 19" talladega rims and reverse camera to name a few of the options.

Runs great and really happy with it. Definitely the best car I've had. So many techno-features right throughout the car its unbelievable.. The interior and user-friendly design is what I like the most.. Everything is so smart/logical.

Plenty of power and absolutely flies off the line from 0-100km/h despite it being a fairly heavy car.. I don't even drive it hard or launch it etc, really treating it gently, but there is so much smooth power and grip on tap you don't need to thrash it.. I can't imagine how it goes with the APR Stage 1 chip installed, as that is meant to give it a huge boost just from the chip!!

Not planning to do anything to it, want it to remain smooth and reliable. At most I will install the APR Stage 1 chip, but definitely not playing with exhausts and intakes or any caper like that.

Attachments

• 72764.jpg
    72764.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 32

cisco

» CMF Member
RTK: No neither..

Seano: I'm back mate! When's good for a coffee? :)

Grev: Yeah nice car. So efficient.

Don't buy the Golf R if you are looking for fuel efficiency!!!
It drinks!!!

CMF_Grev

» CMF Member
cisco WROTE:

"RTK: No neither..

Seano: I'm back mate! When's good for a coffee? :)

Grev: Yeah nice car. So efficient.

Don't buy the Golf R if you are looking for fuel efficiency!!!

It drinks!!!
Hahaha good to see you're still here, but sad you got over the micra craze. :(

cisco

» CMF Member
No micras for me any more :(

APR Stage I gives you a massive improvement for the small out lay and then its the law of diminishing returns after that. I.e. you spend more and more for Stage II and III and the gains become smaller and smaller on a percentage basis.

Not going to be anal about the Kms, the car is to be driven and enjoyed. It's my daily driver etc. But am looking after it very well, always washed, cleaned, serviced etc.

Back