APR Stage I soon...

cisco

» CMF Member
Booked in today to slam this on the Golf R in about 4 weeks time! :)

http://goapr.com.au/products/ecu_upgrade_20tfsi_trans_265hp-vw.html

Mmm 239kw/435nm!

Should kick arse, its a big gain over factory. The car is starting to feel a little gutless now I'm already used to the factory 188kw and craving more :p

They reckon with that chip installed, it makes it neck to neck with a brand new M3.

Famous last words: I'll stop at Stage I !!!

cisco

» CMF Member
Lol.

Only about $1500 which is the main attraction for me. It's a huge gain for the relatively small outlay considering..

But once you step up to Stage II and III the % gains get way less and the cost goes way up.

So honestly think I could never be stuffed, unless I stumble across a random pot of money.

cisco

» CMF Member
Close enough to 1500kg still..

Quite heavy for a hatch, so I think it needs the power boost! :)

cisco

» CMF Member
Hmm this should get the car to about 4.7secs 0-100kmh which is about what an M3 does. But I just read that an R35 GTR does about 3 seconds flat? ****!!! I'm still such a small fry :)

cisco

» CMF Member
If you tried to max everything out to beat a GTR you'd end up needing to increase engine capacity in the end. 2L would not be enough no matter how much boost you ran etc :p

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
LOL, only a slippery slope until the gradient runs out ;) Which judging from the published figures is pretty much at Stage I.....diminishing gains set in pretty early it seems.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah they do. Guys are even saying don't bother with Stage 2, its hardly even noticeable. That tells me the factory exhaust and air flow is pretty good and not worth messing with for minuscule gains.

So you either stop at Stage 1 or you go all the way to Stage 3/4 and replace the turbo.

cisco

» CMF Member
1 week to go... Can't wait!!!!!

Getting the 15,000km service at the same time and tyres rotated.

Gee the car has chewed a bit of tread of the front tyres already after 14,500km :) Definitely the right time to rotate them..

Back