gearbox?

rite as u know im doing my turbo conversion for my cg10.

But....as my gearbox and clutch need replacing, i want to know if i can change to a cg13 gearbox becuase i have been told that they r more stronger?

also if they do not fit then will a replacment cg10 gearobx be fine for my turbo conversion even if i dnt drive like a idiot, which i dnt!

i know everyone has diffent opinions and views and u never know who is right or not but if anyone has had any experinace with this then please can u gve me some info.

thanks jason.

Is your car a facelift or pre-facelift??

Is it's a pre-facelift then I'm pretty certain that the CG13 gearbox will not fit.
If it's a facelift, I think it will.

Might as well just change to the CG13 engine!!!

i think you will be fine, cos even the GA16 gearbox fits on without too much hassel, good old nissan made everything fit everything else :D

you may need a custom gearbox gasket but i doubt it

not sure on pre-facelift, but i fitted a 1.3 box to my cg10 block.
if a pre-facelift doesn't have a rear box mount, what holds the rear of the engine/box up?
also if you can get a cg10 flywheel from a facelift, it's lighter than the cg13 fly and also uses the same 180mm clutch.

the facelifted flywheel is that a forged/cast steel 2 piece flywheel aswell?

I'm 100% the pre-facelift doesn't have the rear gearbox mount.

Which gasket?

the metal one between the engine and box...

so u r saying the cg13 gearbox will fit but only if i have the xtra bits to make it fit?

and will this be better for my turbo?

cos you are turbo-ing a 1.0 and not upgrading the internals which means you will have to run low boost... i don't think you will have much to worry about running a CG10 box. your power output won't be gearbox rippingly powerful

the metal one between the engine and box...

they are the same on both boxes ;)

the facelifted flywheel is that a forged/cast steel 2 piece flywheel aswell?

I'm 100% the pre-facelift doesn't have the rear gearbox mount.

the facelift 1.0 fly is a single piece jobbie. iirc it's about 2kg lighter.

also i'm not doubting you on the rear mount. i'm just asking what holds the rear of engine/box up

no idea, nothing I don't think just the rest of the mounts, will double check though when it's light tomorrow.

is the facelift CG10 fly cast though?

im sure george said you need a 1.4 (renault k11) NCVT starter motor.

Arent the facelift 1.0l just on a CG13 box/clutch? Or is it a new box for it?

I'll be getting it machined down so it will be lighter, but you can't machine cast materials as they risk splitting, and I don't fancy buying a scatter shield to protect me and the rest of the engine bay when it goes :p

Back