Gearbox oil change.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
My gearbox did not respond well to Castrol VMX80, for your interest. ****ty shift feel, lots of noise, crap feeling shifts when warm. Just didn't like the oil at all.

I'm using an 80w90 fully synthetic now, and despite the bearing chatter my gearbox has (a result of the lightweight flywheel unfortunately - the input shaft bearings are definately on their way out) it does everything beautifully. Cold shifts are stiff and crunchy sometimes but I don't race it when cold so that doesnt bother me in the slightest. Once its up to operating temperature its just great.

Cheers

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
My gearbox did not respond particularly well to VMX 80 either Mychael. I am using a prodct called Neo 75-90 platnium. This is imported from the USA by an Aussie distributer, pricey but nice smooth shifts even from cold. It is also meant to be a lifetime fill. The details are on an earlier thread from Yom on this forum. Yom highly recommended this stuff. Are you still using it Yom? because as I remember I thought it was a 75-90, not 80-90.

Henry

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
M5 WROTE:

"My gearbox did not respond particularly well to VMX 80 either Mychael. I am using a prodct called Neo 75-90 platnium. This is imported from the USA by an Aussie distributer, pricey but nice smooth shifts even from cold. It is also meant to be a lifetime fill. The details are on an earlier thread from Yom on this forum. Yom highly recommended this stuff. Are you still using it Yom? because as I remember I thought it was a 75-90, not 80-90.

Henry

Thats the stuff I'm using and still loving it. Will be draining and filtering it when I get the bearings and seals redone (I've finally found something which is a little out of my league!).

Back