Gearbox Difference?

nothing, there the same.

as far as i know theres 3 different auto box's fitted to k10's.

4 speed, fitted to earlier 1.0's
5 speed short ratio, basically the same 3 gears as the 4 speed but gear 4 and 5 are gear 4 (on the 4 speed) split in 2, so you get 1, 2, 3, 4 lo and 4 hi. suposed to be for motorway work, that was fitted to some of the later higher compression 1.0's
5 speed long ratio, fitted to all 1.2's

not sure about the auto boxes.

i will be shortly, with the cg powerz and some spirited driving its now sounding like its supercharged, lol

Jap Voice- "SUPERCHARGER!!" lol i have a plan for that strut brace btw i will keep bashing my bonnet till it closes flush :D

Super S were not with 5speed long ratio. Those boxes were strangely rare. I personally have only ever seen a couple. It would have done something insane like 170mph if 7000rpm in 5th were possible.

if you look in porkpie 700's profile he has updated to the 5 speed gearbox. this guy lives next town from me. heres a screen shot have a look. proof..png

i am confused... there is a difference then... but i would never come across a SUPER 5 speed box so not to worry then?

i am confused... there is a difference then... but i would never come across a SUPER 5 speed box so not to worry then?

me too, ive only ever seen referance 20 3 different manual gearboxes

so did the k11 pre98 box fit on your k10?

no but my k10 gearbox fits a cg engine, it is also romoures that the pre 98 cg10 drive shafts are the same or similar to the k10. this is something i will be trying in the near future when i source a box for reasonable money.

me too, ive only ever seen referance 20 3 different manual gearboxes

no but my k10 gearbox fits a cg engine, it is also romoures that the pre 98 cg10 drive shafts are the same or similar to the k10. this is something i will be trying in the near future when i source a box for reasonable money.

oh allright i get you now.

Back