Gear knob

CMF_justin

» CMF Member
im going to buy a new aftermarket gearknob..... i know everyone is of different opinions about them but i like them and im gonna try match the weight as best i can
My question is about the thread on standard shifter....what is it called so i can get one that screws onto shaft apposed to one that you tighten with allen keys...cheers justin

CMF_justin

» CMF Member
im looking at a snap-on screwdriver handle with a thread cut into it as a gear knob.....lots are the screw in type just dunno what the thread is im thinking its m10x1.25 but without tools on me i cant work it out

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
Im pretty sure it is m10 ×1.25..
most aftermarket knobs are a universal fit tho.

I have a drilled and tapped golf ball on my 260z.... I am still trying to find something random and interesting with the right size and weight to use.... if you can drill and tap I thinks its a great custom touch.

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
justin WROTE:

"im also looking at a beer tap the handle you pull down when its on tap but id need to tap my own thread......but would be super cool

If you can do it then do it.. wooden handle or plastic..... the problem I have it finding something cool that will take a thread.. some things are just too hard or soft to do.
a good friend of mine in Zimbabwe used a hand grenade as the gear knob on his mazda 323 cos the thread on the hand grenade was the same.. the explosive was removed before he did this!!

Back