GA15 throttle body

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
i read that we can use GA15 throttle body. do we get pulsar with GA15 engine in australia? most of the one i saw is GA16...

how about the GA16 throttle body? will it fit? whats the different?

thx again... :)

smidge

» CMF Member
pulsars don't have them, UK spec and some NZ spec (import) engines

not that easy to find on the net, you really need to get on the phones to find everything

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
NZ spec cars don't have them, it's the used Japanese imports that do, at there's many more of them on our roads that cars sold new here.

Japan is certainly a good source.

You should be looking for GA15DE powered N15 Pulsar, B14 Sunny, Y10 Wingroad, R11 Presea

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
thx fred.... i will call them tomorrow...

was there any noticeable improvement?

my car now idle very rough and i got plenty of vibration during idle... is this normal?

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
yes, I moved my idle up to 950rpm... and using a ga15 tb; yes a huge improvement in performance (tb goes from 45mm to 65mm) if you have a adjustable fuel reg, screw on some more psi as standard injectors lean out a bit at full noise.

smidge

» CMF Member
i did this this morning, got the ****s with the low idle and vibration and upped the idle on the side of the road using the adjustment screw

is there a more accurate way to set it? i've cleaned the IACV so thats all fine, but the screw is way out, can anyone post up a haynes or service manual scan on the section how to do it?

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
aaron WROTE:

"just use the idle adjustment screw if you want to up your idle a little

flameboy just turbo the micra..like my old one haha

thx mate... i found it... :)

lol... i want to stick with NA if i can.... better for track work... i wont have the budget atm anyway.... all the money will have to go to the Zed.... january then i can probably decide... whether to keep this engine or chuck in bigger engine... put a decent suspension and brakes...

turbo will always be tempting tho... :p

Back