GA15 engine in my K10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi pplz. I'm from Trinidad (Caribbean). This is a great site that i find very informative and really cool.

I am about to put in a GA15 (fuel injected) engine into my k10 march. My concern is the suspension. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheerzzz!!!

yeah but will the existing suspension handle the extra weight properly? example corners etc?

you wont need to fit lowering springs on the front eh :), but i think you will have chronic understeer :eek:, if you need a stock rideheight, maybe stronger springs ?

i think you will have to check the k10 section or keep an eye on the buy and sell section to see if anyone is selling some uprated springs and dampeners.

but i dont think it will make much difference really, the stock suspention is designed to cope with different weights on it. i think the problem you are more likely to have is chassis twist. a good roll cage would be useful thing to invest in

Thanx Nex. Do you think strut bars would make a difference?

they should help a little, i think the main problem will be your dampeners rather than the springs, the dampeners will be under more stress.

but don't forget you are putting a much bigger engine in an old car. the K10s twisted a lot as standard, and with extra weight in the front it would probably get worse.

if it were me i would look for some uprated dampeners, maybe look at using ones from the original car that the engine came out of and modifying them to fit with the k10 top mounts, then add a strut brace both front and rear, a full roll cage, and make a custom bracket for going under the car that holds the wishbones straight.

i find that cars are more fun if they corner well than if they go fast, so make it stick to the road as best you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back