Fusebox/electrical diagram.

CMF_dneves

» CMF Member
Hi all,

I'm trying to troubleshoot an electrical fault in my 98 Nissan Micra (k11). Basically the battery has a drain of 0.4 Amps even with the key out of the ignition. This means that if the car is stopped for 3 to 4 days the battery discharges completely.

I would like to go trough all the fuses in the fuse box, removing them individually, an thus locating the drain, but I lack a diagram or an explanation of all the fuses in reach. Can any one send me, or point me, to such kind of diagram, or otherwise recommend me a good publication (electronic format preferably). I already tried the Haynes Manual for the Micra but is currently out of stock. Any other sources for this book, or other suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you all for the attention!

David Neves.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
the battery is draining with the ignition off??

is that even to do with the fuses??

did u want to find "all the fuses" or just the "the names for what they do"??

the ones in the engine bay are contained in a case with wot they r called and so r the ones underneath the steering wheel by the door.

i dont think ive helped u alot here, but im a little confused lol

napster

CMF_dneves

» CMF Member
Many thanks kneival, the wirings you indicated really helped in shedding some light into the problem. The main issue now is finding the locations of some of the fuses.

The main idea behind my approach is that by removing a fuse, one disconnects some part of the electrical system from the battery. If by removing a fuse I find out that the draining stops, then I can conclude that the system protected by that same fuse is causing the drain.

My main suspicion lies on the central door lock system because I've got some problems there before. Can any one point me to were I can find some the guts of that subsystem (anything like fuses, controllers, connectors, and so on).

A pointer to a comprehensive publication on this subject would still be very helpful (book, manual, pdf, etc.).

Thanks for all replies.

Back