Fuel pump woes

We'd been suffering serious lack of power in Molly, so diagnosed a failing fuel pump.

We replaced the fuel pump today. She started fine, idled nicely up to temp. We then took her out for a test run - got 200m and she spluttered to a halt. She spins over nicely, but won't restart. I suspect the new pump has completely failed. Tested the power supply to the top cover and it's a good 13v. Hmm. Looks like another strip down to get the pump out for a test. Rugby delayed this, so still on the to-do list. Bums.

Any ideas?

Vulture20 said:
We'd been suffering serious lack of power in Molly, so diagnosed a failing fuel pump.

We replaced the fuel pump today. She started fine, idled nicely up to temp. We then took her out for a test run - got 200m and she spluttered to a halt. She spins over nicely, but won't restart. I suspect the new pump has completely failed. Tested the power supply to the top cover and it's a good 13v. Hmm. Looks like another strip down to get the pump out for a test. Rugby delayed this, so still on the to-do list. Bums.

Any ideas?

I got same problem as yours. I haven't change it yet. I know it's very tricky job though.

I just wondering.... Where did you buy replaced fuel pump?

Thanks
Jk

Here -
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281048672344?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Taking the pump out is a swine first time, finding the clips in the dark fuel tank. The grey plastic sender unit unclips easily from the side of the white pump housing. The pump housing has one clip at the front bottom. This needs to be raised then the housing slid towards the rear to remove. This will take more force than seems sensible!

Have fun.

ok thanks for telling me tho

i dont know if this item is geniune sytec fuel pump.....

you shoud get these below....

http://www.rallynuts.com/nissan-micra-k11-tuning/sytec-walbro-motorsport-fuel-pump-kit.html

http://www.rallynuts.com/nissan-micra-k11-tuning/sytec-oem-fuel-pump-kit-micra-nissan.html

There not normally a problem, you might want to check for foreign objects in the fuel tank, that are getting into pump, and that the filter on end isnt blocking quickly

Correct! The new pump was taken out today, was dead. The old one restored, engine runs.

Seems more like a timing issue. Seems the distributor got loose and moved. Things are now better, but still not as good as it was. Rolling road time I think.

Back