Fuel Prices

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Ah well filled up at the cheapest place in Burnie this morning. Premimum unleaded $1.40 / litre. ZOIKS !!
The dual cab Ford Courier I have for work now takes over $60.00 to fill when nearly bone dry.
Ah our little Micras looking better each day.
They are saying petrol down here will get up to around $2.00/litre before dropping back but I do not believe everything you read in the newspaper.
Zoom, zoom in our Micras.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
theres a show on tv called oil storm next weekend i think. i gonna watch it but i pretty sure its just gonna be a massive dramatisation by the media to get people to panic. but yes fuel prices suk. i may have to start searching for a micra before they start gettin expensive and maybe garage the gtir for a while.. hmmm

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Up to $2.00 a litre what a rip off.

In Brisbane last week if rose up to around $1.17-$1.23 and i thought we had it bad, I filled up the Bluebird and it costed $49.00.

I don't no how these people get by with 5 and 6 litre cars and the bigger rego's..

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Last two times I've filled up my bluebird it's costed over $80. It's days are numbered, looking for a Starlet, they're half the price of an equivalent year Micra.

CMF_MALLIE

» CMF Member
My Micra's down to a quarter of a tank, I think unleaded is around $1.27 at the moment here in the ACT though I dunno today, too scared to check.

I couldn't believe I found $1.14 down the south coast last weekend.

CMF_Gareth

» CMF Member
I put 30 litres of premium (98) in my car yesterday, and it cost me $41. Thats the most its ever cost me. It was 137.9c a litre

I remember when I bought it 18 months ago the same amount of fuel cost $25. Still economical I guess but the cost of running going up and up:)

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah peaked at 1.29/litre in the ACT a coupla days ago. Back to 1.26 now.

That makes optimax abour 1.40/litre for blue monster.

Goes pretty well on gas if you just cruise, but I just can't resist, so yeah its easy to chew up $20 in a few decent runs if you really want to thrash it repeatedly.

But yeah horses for courses, happy to pay the same fuel consumption as still a very efficient family car for the ride of a life. It only uses 7.2 litres per 100km on my last run to Newcastle, that's pretty great for the boost cruising it was doing.

White Super S is just great on fuel still, don't really give a hang that petrol has gone up you know 30 or so cents per litre when you're driving that thing.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Gee thats pretty good Cisco re Bluey.
Guess it depends on hard you drive but when Whitey hits the road if I get around the same as you be happy.
Yes really do not care that much and with Family Hack little differance at all.

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
Yes it is lucky that we have such small cars that are good on fuel. I went up the coast on the weekend and I got 334 klms for 1/2 a tank so that is not bad really. I dont no how people could afford V 8's.

CMF_squigbobble

» CMF Member
Since the last time fuel prices went up in the UK (a few months ago, I think) I can squeeze just over £30 worth of petrol in mine, according to the Yahoo! currency convertor that's AU$72.12. Unsurprisingly diesel cars are becoming very popular in the UK.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
damn prices went high again today. $1.39 unleaded and $1.49.9 for premium. this SUX!!!! dodgy petrol compnies are just profitiering now. japan released whole bunch of oil barrels but i doubt petrol will drop. and also crude oil is now $65us a barrel. before when it was that much petrol was $1.10 here. this is gettin crazily stupid.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
But dontcha just love it how the wankers in the big V8's (ford/holden/Ute/ss/typhoon/ (stike out what applicable) must be bleeding.
Personally I think it's great, less traffic on the roads for me to enjoy the Micra and the Triumph.

Mychael

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Well GMH and Ford have a lot to answer for.
Blind Freddy could see the day of bix sixes/V8s was on the skids years ago and fuel prices had to rise as demand outstrips supply.
THe V8 supercar race series in Aussie is a joke.
Have a series that limits the number of fuel pit stops,and is open to all production cars.
A true motor car race is a combination of durability, fuel consumption, handling and breaking abilities and not just raw power.
Anyway thats my opinion.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
"A true motor car race is a combination of durability, fuel consumption, handling and breaking abilities and not just raw power."

Daaaamn man!

That would knock the commodore and falcon out of the race...

cisco

» CMF Member
Totally agree.

But its the same old story. You can't make dumb people smart unless you take the things they abuse or take for granted away from them, or make it bloody expensive.

Yeah I get a bloody massive kick out of all the idiots in the V8s paying big $$$ now. Its just great. They are driving around in inefficient barges so they should be paying for it and have just gotten off lightly for so long.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
In a distant past I remember going to the Lakeside race track in Brisbane ( is it still there?) cause we were all agog that some American had arrived to race in an AC Cobra. Lakeside tight and twisty , up hill and down dale. Well he got blown away by a gaggle of Mini Coooper S.
Sooo fast in a straight line but handling and breaking??
His brake lights were on half way down the straight lining up the next corner where the Coopers were just starting to hit max revs.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I stopped watching Bathurst the day the Mini's stopped being competitive.
Mind you I did like it when Moffet upset the V8 drivers by giving them a hard time with his rotary Mazda.
Then rather then work to be competitive they changed the rules so he could no longer race.
Not decent challenges in racing anymore.

Mychael

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Bathurst was still good when Nissan (& BMW etc) were competing. What was it that Jim Richards said to the crowd? (i.e. Ford & Holden zombies). A two horse race is pretty boring.
Biggest joke is that anyone who wants to buy a small fuel efficient car is still subsidising GMH & Ford through import tariffs.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
haha just listening to radio. New south wales government is gonna do an enquiry into petrol prices cause crude oil prices are actually going down but petrol still going up at bowser. so they wanna find out why oil companys are increasing there profits and where those profits are going. so good on the government. bout the only good thing they done bout it so far

CMF_squigbobble

» CMF Member
Apparently is 'cos the demand for refined oil products now outstrips supply, thanks to hurricane Katrina knocking out a chunk of the US' refining capacity. The oil is there, there just isn't the processing capacity to turn into petrol fast enough.

CMF_MicGreen

» CMF Member
Well mates, we all should be happy, because we have Micra instead of, for example, Nissan 200SX. Consumption is lower in Micra, even if you have tuned your Micra. For example my Micra takes about 7 litres per 100 kilometers, when driving on highway. Of course it takes little more on city, because I just have to kick the pedal some times =).

Back