Front Wheel Alignment???

Hi,

I am after a little help and advice about steering geometry.

I own a 1999 Micra K11 1.0L and I have just fitted FK lowering springs (35mm) and 13x6" OZ rally wheels with 185/60 tyres.

Do I need to alter the geometry now I have changed the wheels and ride height?

The standard tracking for a Micra K11 is Toe In 1 +/- 1mm

I also have negative camber bolts, what is the best setting for road use?

Many, many thanks
Simon

5752118489_036299c89a_b.jpg

so what your saying Grevs, faster cornering speed = more negative camber?

I've set the tracking to 0 toe-in/out and the cars drivers perfectly, tyre pressures set 32F & 28R, all good.

I haven't put the neg camber bolts on yet, I'm a little worried about the inside tyre wear.

:eek: Does fitting negative camber make much improvement to the cars handling? Can anyone recommend it for our lovely smooth, pothole free British roads!?
Many thanks

is that with negative camber punx and if so, how much?
just to turn in a bit quicker and reduce understeer :)

I've no idea to be honest, it's exactly as it left the factory geometry wise, since i've put the 15s on with sticky tyres the steerings much more direct with no understeer until it's doing silly speeds, the biggest difference to handling was stiffer springs and sticky tyres.
is that with negative camber punx and if so, how much?
just to turn in a bit quicker and reduce understeer :)

cheers Punx, I understand all the steering geometry changes when lowering the car, fitting new wheels with different PCD and different tyres etc etc, so I just wanted to get the best out of the set up I have :)

cheers Punx, I understand all the steering geometry changes when lowering the car, fitting new wheels with different PCD and different tyres etc etc, so I just wanted to get the best out of the set up I have :)
Surely the PCD is the same ( 4x100 ) Offset you talking about?

:blush: sorry, your quite right Baz, I had the ##### cat dolls in mind at the time!

pcd 4x100 : offset 42

Back