front seat solutions

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
Rudy WROTE:

"I "think" micra seats share engineering with at least n13 pulsar so probably exa too, maybe more models, but clearance at the sides may a problem, going back 2 wreckers soon, will investigate further

na pretty sure you're gonna have problems, not to mention safety, insurgence and approval wise... if rails off a Jap K11 doesn't fit perfect.. forget pulsar and exa.

if you hunt around, a licensed set of rails will set you back around 100 per seat.

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
are u sure low, i remember they looked as they had the same footprint, but if the rails go over it dont matter, exa an pulsar 3 door hatch or similar would be the go i reckon for 3door hatch

N13 nissan langley(high spec jap vector CA18de(t?)) seats

Attachments

• 64955.jpg
    64955.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 16

CMF_adz14

» CMF Member
I am fitting Velo GP-90 fixed back seats into my Super S. The rails are currently being fabricated, and hope to have them in shortly.

CMF_adz14

» CMF Member
My brother is a boilermaker/sheet metal worker and is doing them for me.

They aren't terribly hard to make.... Anyone who can weld/work with steel/alloy can do it. Just be sure to build them to the rules (IE, 6mm thickness of steel, correct high tensile bolts etc).

If you are looking for someone to make them, then I would suggest chatting to a performance shop/race shop and asking who they recommend.

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
BOX WROTE:

"anyone confirm if N13 front seats fits in a K11?

just waiting for a call from auto electrician when they get some globes i ordered and i'll cruise up to singleton wreckers and compare micra footprint/rails to n13 and a few others (pintara, n12, n14 etc), if seats fit i will measure widths etc. Give me a few days. I want 2 answer this 4 my own curiosity

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
bongo bus WROTE:

"What brand are the superlow rails???? Where did you get them From???? How hard was it to fit them into the micra????

Cheers.

John.

As mentioned there, they're custom-made rails for my car so they fit perfectly. You buy the sliding rail parts in a generic form and they made the frame up from scratch to suit the car and the seat. It was done by <a href="http://www.mmsport.com.au/">Meridian Motorsports</a> back in 2008 if memory serves. They've also done some other fab work on the car like harness bars and strengthening around the rear strut towers. Stuff that I can't do 'cause I haven't learned how to weld. I'm sure there's plenty of places in Sydney who could do similar work.

One thing I can't stand is how most of the ****ty generic rails you can get online make you sit so upright. Same goes for ones that people have dodgied up from the stock rails with brackets. I'm glad I went the route I did and have a lot of confidence that the rails are well put together and will actually keep me safe :p Some of the hack jobs people do to put buckets in their K11's is pretty horrifying.

---dens

CMF_cowboydave

» CMF Member
I bought some s13 seats a while back but they didn't fit.
The rails are side mounted so couldn't change them over and the tabs where in the wrong spot to just modify.

Back