Front Fog lights on my K10

M

Moocow345

hi i was wondering how would i go about wiring in fog lamps to my k10, becuase it currently doesn't have any. forgive my complete lack of eletrical knowledge but can i just add them to the side lights circute? (or even the headlights circute) and while i'm talking about wiring, how do i get a constant power supply to my CD player so it doesn't lose all its presets every time i take the key out the ignition? thanks in advance for any advice on how to get it done!

most fog light kits come with all the parts and instructions on how to fit,
most people use the ring halogen fog lights from halfords there only cheap aswell, make sure that they are fog lights and not driving lights as the boxes are nearly the same

you could wire them up to your side or headlights, but then you run the risk of points on your licence and a £30 fine every time it goes dark...

ooohh... maybe i wont do that... i'll have a look down at halfords just so i can get the instructions.

I've got some Ring driving lights on my K10. They came with a on off switch, however you can just wire them into the full beam circuit. They're far too bright to use for normal night time driving tho, they dazzle everyone!

Frontleft.jpg

Got them off the internet for about £15

The rules on foglights:
No higher than 1200mm from ground
No further than 400mm from outer edge of car (excluding wingmirrors)
Only to be used when visibility is reduced to less than 100m
Must not dazzle other drivers
Usually wired into sidelight circuit but also have a seperate switch. This is just so they turn off when you turn the lights off on the car.

The rules on driving lamps:
Can be placed anywhere on car
Must be wired into headlight main beams so they turn off when the headlamps are dipped.

Jus fitted fog lamps on my micra!

Back