Fog light probs

T

tsmithy

hey, i hope this is the right place for my question

the foglight on my k10 has stopped working and i cant find out why

the bulb and fuse are both ok

but the light on the switch doesn't work also, so i think it could be that

fog light relay 99% of the time,
its high above the fuse box behind the dash and normally taped up into the loom its blue in colour and from nissan costs about 23 quid

Mine had that fault and it turned out to be the indicator stalk, not sending a feed to the switch. Check that out if the relay doesn't fix it

thanks for the help

found 2 blue boxes, one with 2 wires on each side, and the other with 4 wires comming from just one side.

however, haynes manual says fog light relay is in engine compartment?

yes i think its by the battery screwed against the front wing. Its contained in a sealed plastic box with wires coming from the bottom. I had a problem a while back where i turned the switch and one light would turn on and the relay would buzz. i couldn't figure it out and one night it started buzzing so i just lifted the bonnet and fiddled with the wire at the bulb sockets while it was on and that stopped it. i think the contacts get eroded and need some WD40, if only it wasn't so difficult to take off.

Mani

yes i think its by the battery screwed against the front wing. Its contained in a sealed plastic box with wires coming from the bottom. I had a problem a while back where i turned the switch and one light would turn on and the relay would buzz. i couldn't figure it out and one night it started buzzing so i just lifted the bonnet and fiddled with the wire at the bulb sockets while it was on and that stopped it. i think the contacts get eroded and need some WD40, if only it wasn't so difficult to take off.

Mani

That's the headlight relay. Fog light relay is above the fuses inside the car.

mine failed the MOT cos of that exact fault, bulb and fuse fine, no fog, no light on the switch. I re-wired the thing in the end, no relay.

this one?

Attachments

• 100_3401.jpg
    100_3401.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 215
Really? Well i stand corrected. I always thought it was the other one. Im sure that's what the haynes says.

Back