Fog Light problem :(

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Hello!

Today my Fog Lights arrived (thanks to Nicknacknu). Removed the headlights and the wiring was there,plugged it in turned the lights on and the fogs (on the same stalk) and the fogs didnt come on.

Fiddled around and still couldnt figure out what the problem was. Is there something i'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Fuse perhaps? As it didn't have fogs as standard they might have not bothered putting a fuse in?

Just a guess, but worth a look!

Fuse perhaps? As it didn't have fogs as standard they might have not bothered putting a fuse in?

Just a guess, but worth a look!

Assuming this is front fogs, the relay is not included as standard. Also, you will need to change the indicator stalk. If you buy a fog light kit from nissan, a new stalk/relay is included.

I believe the standard stalk will only light up the rears, not the fronts. The replacement stalk has three settings (Off / Rear / All)..

Edit - the above is for post facelift, just incase you have a pre 98.

fuse is there and it hasnt blown

So if i understand correct,i have to buy a fog light kit from Nissan which includes the stalk etc. How much is one of those?

It will include front fogs too lol, and your looking at three figures from Nissan. You might be able to get the stalk and relay seperate, or maybe see if Nicknack has them?

You can sometimes get the complete kit off ebay for £80 ish

i went to nissan originally before i got in contact with nicknacknu and they wanted 155 quid :(

Hence why i was hoping someone on here would have some! But nothing is straight forwards and simple

I've been to Nissan and heres a copy of the invoice:

DSCF8189.jpg

£123 for a switch and relay!!

I believe the standard stalk will only light up the rears, not the fronts. The replacement stalk has three settings (Off / Rear / All)..
It's Off / Front / All actually ;)

At least the wiring is there on yours, I went to plug my new fogs in on my Almera after being reassured the wiring was there only to find it wasn't, nor was the wiring from the new stalk I bought! Still haven't wired them up yet!

It shouldn't be too hard to wire them in.

Run a feed from battery to an automotive relay (£1 something from maplin) then to your lights. Then wire a switch in to your dash for them :)

on the actual fogs theres 2 pins where the plug on the wiring connects to. If i was to re-wire them to a seperate switch,which pin is which?

i have a spare indicator stalk with front fog switch, i was going to keep it just incase, but for the right £ i will part from it. i'll also through in the genuine nissan relay you need to make them work aswell.
if not, convert them into driving lights as i have done and get them to come on with main beam. i think i made a guide for it in the guides section. there's also a pic of the stalk in there aswell

edit;
i didn't do a guide as no one seemed interested, but here's my original thread.
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=21438&highlight=convert+lights+driving

bump
as i said for the right amount of cash, i would sell my indicator stalk with front for switch and throw in the required relay too.

Claire from here has managed to get the left & right stalks from a Pre-Facelift Super S but didnt get the relay.

Will these stalks fit my facelift?

Also regarding the relay,how easy is it to remove and do i need any of the wiring?

Super S wouldn't have front fog light control on the stalks as they only come on with full beam as they're driving lamps and not fog lights.

ah dammit,i thought they were fogs?

Looks like i'll have to do what i originally had planned,and thats to wire them to a seperate switch.

So is it just remove the plastic trim around the steering column,unbolt stalk...bolt in new one sorta thing?

The relays are by the fuse box,is much wiring needed?

Wiring is already in the car for the relay, you just put it in the empty slot (next to the other relays). No additional wiring needed, and yeah, fog light stalk - one off, one on. Ems fitted her kit including lamps etc.. piece of cake

Ah cool sounds very easy then! I'll have them off you Swiper but can you keep hold of them for me? Just need to sort the money out thats all. Can pay a deposit

Ah cool sounds very easy then! I'll have them off you Swiper but can you keep hold of them for me? Just need to sort the money out thats all. Can pay a deposit

yeah, just fits as arnold says. easy.
not a problem holding it for you. no need for deposit. just send me a pm when you've got the money :).

edit,
have you got a rough idea of how long 'til you get the money?

Back