Flickering front drivers side headlight

Hello :)

The connector for the headlight on my k11 seems to be dodgy, keeps flickering sometimes it goes off completley, tapping the connector seems to get it working again but it's like it's not securing properly

is this a new connector jobby? not too sure as I'm not too clued up on the electrics side :(

John.

The three pin connector yeah?

You can open up the back and remove each contact, they might just need crimping up a bit so they grip better or a clea.. Worst case you'll need to solder on either a whole new plug or new connectors (depending on whats broke).

I'd wd40 the connectors first and see what flushes out, if it still keeps flickering then open it up. Just be careful incase the plastic is starting to go brittle.

when this happened on ours a couple of months we found the high beam light would come on on the dash even though the highbeam bulb wasn't lit and we found the 3 pin connector had melted we went to a scrappy and bought one ,if you go to a scrappy make sure you cut a longish length of cable this is so you can hide the joint in the tubing everything looks original then

Seems like a common prob, same thing on mine, same side as well. Just replace the connector it's cheap and a better solution than trying to hold it all together with tape :)

Mine sometimes does this in winter. Guess the cold weather contracts the metal in the connectors and stops it.. well.. connecting!

Fine the rest of the year though.

Back