fk coilvers

just did the other day. the ride on them is not the best (maybe due to such short wheelbase?)
you'll need to use some of the old suspension parts (rubber rings / bushes / mounts)

for rears: jack up both left and right side of the rear, will make it lots easier to get the old springs out. check out my blog pics. i've only used the spring seat off the fk set and attached to the rubber seat. if you want it to sit higher then use the whole adjustable unit.

fronts: again see blog for pics. i've got it on the lowest setting (can go lower if take out the helper spring but will be too much of a pita come mot time as the spring will not sit properly on the damper)
the worst bit was taking off the ARB. you need a hex key in the middle of the bolt to hold it still else if you just spanner the nut, the whole thing will keep rotating forever.
if the hex key is not strong enough / you thread the hex bit, get some mole grips and attach to the back of the arb bolt (careful not to rip the boot off the ARB)
you'll need spring compressors to take off the top mounts and fit onto the fk ones.
you will also need to remove the front wipers and the plastic cover as one nut is hiden away (3 nuts in total per front coilover)

the rest is pretty straight forward.
any probs just ask :)

Back