fitting super s spoiler to GS

cardiffboy27

Ex. Club Member
hey guys i have just got hold of a rear super s spoiler to go on the back of my k10 1.2 gs

does anyone have any tips on fitting it as my car hasnt got all the holes designed for it.

is it just glue and stuff like that or is there an easy way to bolt it on ?

cheers all
:D

As you'l see on the spoiler, the holes need to be drilled on the sides and top. You should have got brackets for it to be fitted on the side, without them, you may have difficulties securing it on.

To do the top four, you'l see inside the boot small indents. Hold the spoiler up to it and drill in the necessary places. You'l need to drill the outsides too. You secure them from the inside you see. On the outside, you'd drill two holes to hold the bracket on, then the spoiler bolts onto the bracket.

i've removed lots of spoilers to know fitting it must be quite difficult!

Good luck

ive fitted a couple of these to non super-s k10's the best thing to do is take your time as the holes need to be just right for it to line up,

id recommend using a felt pen to mark the holes before you drill them line the top 4 holes up first mark them with the pen check again they are more or less correct drill the 4 holes and then you can see if its lined up ok you dont need to bolt these 4 down really unless you want to drill yet more holes inside the boot (which given the angle is very hard)

once its lined up remove the spoiler again and do the same with the side brackets mark the holes with a pen, use blue tak to hold them to the boot offer the spolier up again and check if the bracks line up with the holes then when your happy drill the bracket holes (do this slowly to avoid damaging the rear wiper wiring and water hose if you have one if its a GS you will this runs down the left side IIRC)

take you time and it will look perfect :)

hope my explanation makes sense :)

if i was u i would fit the bracket to the spoiler

then put blu tack or simular on the brackets and on the 4 screws

put the spoiler up to the car and push the blu tack from the spoiler to the boot lid.

then using a fine point push through the center of the blu tack to the paint and score

should give u a pretty close match

Back