fitting new seats

CMF_klingon

» CMF Member
hi all we are trying to fit some new saas seats into the mouse. one problem i dont know if anyone hasd done it but because of the different heights of the mounting points. we need to pull the rails apart.

any one know how this is done. anyone in canberra particuarly.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
55: umm abit of a random and silly question, but u say u have bucket seats, and am just wondering how they are attached?? i mean r u using the ORIGINAL MICRA SUBFRAMES or an adapted subframe bolted to the floor??

i would love bucket seats in my k11, but dont know how to do it :-(

also mines a 3door, so people in the back is a problem :-(

cheers

napster

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
thanks "55" except i still dont really understand. can i ask what "bucket seats u got" please?

u said bout that 2screws fitted and two went into a "box thing"??

cheers bud

Napster

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
i just bought a pair of bucket seats with universal subframes...but dont let this put you off, i made up and lined up the universal subframes, and what is obvious now but not when i was doing it was you have to drill 4 new holes and mount the buckets to them...noooooo chance.

i ended up using my original subframes and welding the underneath of my new seats to the micra subframe. makes sense, yeah? it still slides back and forth and acts in exactley the same way, except they make your ride height alot higher, me 6' 1" and if i put it at a 90 degree angle (proper straight back rider, ha some ppl do tho) my head will touch the roof easily. but how i and alot of ppl drive its perfect. hope this helps.

CMF_klingon

» CMF Member
we tried them on the original rails but me and my dad are a good 6 foot 5 or so so they are way to high.

so do your seats slide forward 55.?

you used all the original mounting points. its a shame the the rear of the seats are dummied up it would make stuff a whole lot easier if they were the same height as the front

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
jaxx: u welded ur RAGE SEATS to the original subframes sooo.... do the seats have METAL STRIPS/Layers/tubing that u could weld "metal TO metal" too cause otherwise u would just melt into the seat??? or did u weld a "random bit of metal to the original subframes and then BOLT the seats to this instead??

55: i get what ur saying now :)

cheers

Napster

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
the rage seats already had a metal frame on the bottom (as do most seats i have seen), hence the higher driving height. yes...just welded on to the original micra subframes.

put both seats back in car, bolt all 4 bolts down securely and thats it. all good and has been for over 12 months now.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
thats cool bud.

thanks for the info. cause u cant find any "micra subframes" to fit bucket seats (or i havent found any other ones) i was told to go for a "universal setup" with "bottom section, seperate sliders and tilt function" then attach them together.

however the best thing to do i think is to "adapt the original seat frames", like wot u did.

i do like ur RAGE SEATS!!!! very nice

thanks Napster

cisco

» CMF Member
Did you get it going Klingon?

I saw you driving today, down Barry Drive heading into the city. I was in my girlfriend's white super s heading up Barry Drive the other way.

Back