Fitting Lowering Springs

Hi there everyone, recently bought a full set of lowering springs for the micra. Me and a friend got the car jacked up nice and high yesterday but couldnt for the life of us work out where to start lol. Even to get the old ones out? I know the front springs will need compressers so was concentrating on the rears at this moment in time.
So if anybody could give me a rough idea on where to start it would be greatly appreciated. Ive got basic mechanical knowledge, fitted the 1.3 cams etc but this just proper left me scratching my head lol.

Thanks

josh

I've not done this myself, but I would imagine simply removing the damper bottom bolts will allow the axle to drop enough to remove and replace the rear springs.

At the front I guess you remove the strut, compress the springs and then remove whatever it is at the the top that holds the spring in place and then fit the new springs in reverse of removal.

Edit; you may also have to disconnect the panhard rod and the brake pressure reducing valve on the rear axle too.

unbolt the bottem of the shocks so the axle is easier to move, and the standard springs come out. put the lowering springs in and bolt shocks up agian. i dont even unbolt the shocks to fit springs! its quite tricky to remove standard springs if you dont unbolt the shocks though lol.

fronts will be a garage job....

Thanks for the quick replys. Loads of help. Hopefully if weather stays good will have another crack at it tmoz. How much can i lower it before having to get an adjustable panhard rod though? Ive heard 35mm is the limit? just wondering as ive not got one atm.
thanks again
josh

if you wanted perfect alignment the any drop would need a panhard rod
there no problem running -35mm but any more the drivers side wheel will rub on the body

Back