fitting hid headlight kit

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
if you by a hid h4 high/low kit then you dont have to bypass any of the dip beam like in the fitting guide someone else posted up i brought a kit off ebay and just followed the instruction from start to finish and its perfect. now i can see in the dark its great:laugh:

the lights just blind everyone else and are illegal:p he he he (joke)

lol.

The difference between +90% H4 bulbs and HID kits are un-believable nearly 300% brighter, lol.

What price did you pay for them? and what is the kelvin rating?

if you by a hid h4 high/low kit then you dont have to bypass any of the dip beam like in the fitting guide someone else posted up i brought a kit off ebay and just followed the instruction from start to finish and its perfect. now i can see in the dark its great:laugh:
pics

100_1782.jpg

they seem id say 3 times brighter than hologen 100w bulbs i had in before.

brought it second hand on ebay £50 but like i said its a high low kit these are more expensive. but you can get them cheap if you keep i eye out. this kit had been in the sellers car for 3 hours he said i believe him it looked brand new so im happy. if any body wants details on the make or anything about this kit let me know.

Yup they're unfocused and completely illegal, I had that kit on my bike, cos £95 at the time, ended up putting tape on the lense to focus the beam a bit

what do you mean un focused when i turn them on both beams are at the correct height and not fanning across to much they look perfect to me and i know what you mean by putting tape on the lense' this is done to contain to light spreading to unwanted area's of the lense. anyway this ain't needed.

i'm not a fan of blinding everyone... i'd love the extra brightness but not the attention from the plod

I think I'm gonna have to agree with smidge, the extra brightness would be nice, but if people are unable to aim them and get them to retain pattern properly, then I think maybe some consideration should be shown to other road users who may be blinded by your lights.

already said there perfect no 1s getting blinded not a single person has flashed me when driving at night. thanks for reading previous threads! these bulbs have turn-able shield around the bulb its self just turn it to get it wright.

already said there perfect no 1s getting blinded not a single person has flashed me when driving at night. thanks for reading previous threads! these bulbs have turn-able shield around the bulb its self just turn it to get it wright.

makes you wounder some times why i bother posting things up to just get grief off it. not worth it.:doh:

Didn't know about the turnable shield, that's probably better then, we're only saying this stuff cos we don't wanna see a micra destroyed by the 5-0.

In my experience HID's are usually wrongly fitted and blinding

But another person also has them and they don't retain the correct pattern?

I was asking a genuine question as I would be interested in a set, but I'm not going to put my car in a position that's not legal, or put my car in a position that will blind other road users, there's enough of that with massive SUV's and 4x4's where the headlights are that high they come straight through the rear windscreen.

I merely asked whether they retain their pattern, which another member has suggested they don't (Assuming it's the same kit), or it's something you're unable to answer till your MOT unless you've had the pattern checked?

Everybody seems to get defensive recently, they looked good at a good price.

yer ok sorry about having a bad morning lol. what i did cause my car just past its mot with halogen bulbs was park up against a a wall approx 6ft away with he halogen's in and chalk make the wall showing beam height and width etc then fitted the hid kid turned the reflective shields until it matched up with the chalk marks on the wall looks identical really just brighter really. anyway that's all i can say really i will tell u in 11 months time come mot time lol

if they did not have the shield around the bulb they would blind people i will try and do some driving at night and get my mate to video the light through the windscreen then u guys can decide 4 ur selfs

yer its like that on dip beam yer as i said like normal but brighter and i set the hid to the setting of the hologens bulbs that had just past the mot. so i think there find .... video's on the way(Y)

The technology is the same as those used on the high end headlights supplied as options on Beemers, Mercs, Audi's etc.

The reason it is so cheap to convert your car is that the money is in the self levelling system used in the high end options.

Without this system you may as well drive about with an arc welder set up on the front of your car as it would have the same effect on the oncoming driver.

I do agree that there is no other cost for effect option out there but they are in fact illegal in most countries of the world because of just that - they put out far too much light without the controlling aspect of the self levelling system.

Even if you have them as a low beam replacement the simple act of negotiating a speed hump will temporarily blind the oncoming traffic with the possibility of them running into you!

Not safe at any cost is my opinion as I have in fact had them on my vehicles and have had this pointed out to me in a very friendly way by a neighbor who happens to be a traffic cop.

Best left alone really.

hi this thing about going over a speed humps and temp blinding people this happens all the time regardless if you have hid or halogen bulbs so what difference does it really make??? not alot imo.

also got pulled over the other day i had my spots on aswell as my dip beam. the copper said all was ok and that i could have my spots on aswell because there at the same height as the head lights. lol

As this subject has noted the output of a HID is far in excess of even a 130 watt bulb so the difference between the standard high and low beam is substantial.

If you doubt these facts, shine the hid beam in your eyes at night and then try and see for a while.

The residual 'blindness' is the issue here as the eyes cannot respond as quickly due to the sheer output of these lights.

I guess if you do not care about other road users then you would probably accept them throwing lit cigarettes at you or whizzing out the window at you as they went past.

This is not likely to be okay with you is it?

So why do something that is going to affect others ability to drive as well as cause danger to youurself?

Not quite sensible is it?

think your blowing this out of proportion mate its not that much different from halogen bulbs with the black out tint film i have on the lights themselves. i do care about other road users and no 1 has even flashed me regarding my lights. and if the police say there ok then your argument should be with them.

anyway this thread was ment to be to help people in fitting a hid kit not discussing whats legal. i take on board your views and agree if i thought i was blinding people i would not use them. thanks john

Anyone that blinds me get's blinded back with 220watts of eye level spotlights, if noone is flashing you then I wouldn't worry, if they start then remove the kit.

I know what is being said here but most people have such badly aligned headlights that one more car blinding everone won't make a difference, ust stay away from speed bumps

Back