first cat converter

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
as most of you know that micra have 2 cat converter, does anyone have removed the first cat converter next to the exhast manifold?, and if yes, any difference?....i was planning to remove it and just attach a like a dump pipe.....

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
a few members have tried it but with no proof of gains to my knowledge, the 1st cat exit is 40mm but this drops to 31mm at the peashooter downpipe (as in the pic) so more gains are to be had elsewhere imo, and members have struggled to pass emissions tests with the (colder) 2nd cat only

Attachments

• 60051.jpg
    60051.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 25

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
henry2264 WROTE:

"That's a mod you'll def wanna keep quiet cause last I heard if you get busted its a 5 figure fine on the spot. As for whether it'll make a difference prob almost be unnoticeable.

5 figur fine maybe.. That if you're caught without a cat though. Unless the cop has a micra him self who down here's gonna suspect that a little car's gonna have 2 cats?? but you'll never pass the EPA test though. As for power gains, I wacked it open few months back..... Made no difference.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
Same man.... the stock 2-1 still chokes the poor 1.3. Assuming you won't be doing this you self Paul, the time money and effort ...... Just buy a set of extractors form nsm and have a muffler guy bent it to clear your ac.

Back