Firefox help

capnmchl

Ex. Club Member
I've been using firefox since the first beta, and it's finally cocking up on me.

Whenever I close it, and reopen it, it resets all the settings, gets rid of all my bookmarks, and saved passwords etc. Like it's just been installed. Even asks if I want to import bookmarks.

I've tried reinstalling it, but that hasn't worked. The internet said I had to make new profiles, but that doesn't work, and when I want to restore a profile, it's not there. This is getting really annoying now.

Anyone ever experienced this and got a solution?

try uninstalling, then deleting the firefox out of program files.

Check C:\Documents and settings\<yourname>\application data,
C:\Documents and settings\<yourname>\local settings\application data
C:\documents and settings\All Users\application data and
C:\documents and settings\all users\local settings\application data

remove all firefox/mozilla folders.

Open the registry, start, run: regedit.exe

Look in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software (Delete mozilla folders)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software (same)

That should do it BUT YOU WILL LOOSE ALL BOOKMARKS/ETC

If your using vista uninstall it and install XP lol

i created a new profile- worked for me on XP
BOOKMARKS can be transfered
that is can be ORGANISED on firefox,
EXPORTED as a saved file from your original profile somewhere easy to find
and ORGANISED, IMPORTED from saved file when you install firefox on new profile
there is no need to lose your bookmarks either way
the danger is you might lose any old files if you delete old profile and dont copy them over to the new profile

perhaps rlees85 method may be safer if unsure

I've already treid that hairylegs.

I've tried rlees85's method. It didn't work. Does the fact I couldn't delete the Profiles.ini or the Crash reports folder in application data counter into it somehow?

IE is so crap it's unbelievable, and it slows my computer down to open firefox each time because it's making so much mess.

I've tried rlees85's method. It didn't work. Does the fact I couldn't delete the Profiles.ini or the Crash reports folder in application data counter into it somehow?

to be honest yeah thats probably the problem. not sure how you could get by that one... sounds like either firefox is running in the background but crashed/hidden or you've got some spyware/antivirus thats holding onto those files...

Back