Find me the best....

B

Ben

Laptop!!

Can anyone find me a good laptop at an affordable price? Must have as much memory as possible, be as quick as possible and also have a DVD RW. My limit is around £800 but could be tempted to go a bit higher if its amazing. Best ones i have found so far are these:which one? Oh yeah preferably wireless internet too - not that i know how to use it.

un

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_1690WLMi_Student_Bundle_MMBUNDLE/version-1.asp

deux

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_3002LMi_Student_Bundle_MIDBUNDLE_/version-3.asp

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=10299060416&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91607

:D

im going to install mine to come from under the dash, how cool would that be, Pimp my ride style! a MSC first!

First one is seriously expensive because it's got a 3 year waranty that covers spillages and drops. It's also Intel - the mobile processors are slow and expensive, and the desktop ones mean you get no battery life.

I've had an AMD 64 laptop for about 7 months now, and found it has been really good. Both the mobile and desktop processors have good power management.

ebuyer are pretty good value for laptops most of the time.

It also depends what you mean by quick... the difference between a £500 laptop and a £700 laptop is often only the graphics card and other minor stuff. My laptop plays most games pretty well, but I get annoyed that the hardrive tops out about 10Mb/s lower than my desktop which is quite a bit older.

Andrew said:
First one is seriously expensive because it's got a 3 year waranty that covers spillages and drops. It's also Intel - the mobile processors are slow and expensive, and the desktop ones mean you get no battery life.

I've had an AMD 64 laptop for about 7 months now, and found it has been really good. Both the mobile and desktop processors have good power management.

It also depends what you mean by quick... the difference between a £500 laptop and a £700 laptop is often only the graphics card and other minor stuff. My laptop plays most games pretty well, but I get annoyed that the hardrive tops out about 10Mb/s lower than my desktop which is quite a bit older.

cheers for the advice lol - but you might as well be talking chinese. I dont understand any of this, ideally would like a comp to play games on, download, store and listen to music and not b slow all the time and take 25 years to load up - and Ians one is too expensive lol

is it for at uni? why not get a desktop pc? if it is for at uni then i'd wait till your there, when you join the student union they often send emails with realy good offers on laptops, and theres always a rich kid selling a laptop for cheap, just check the add boards, you'd save some good cash there

Big_ben said:
Andrew said:

cheers for the advice lol - but you might as well be talking chinese. I dont understand any of this, ideally would like a comp to play games on, download, store and listen to music and not b slow all the time and take 25 years to load up - and Ians one is too expensive lol

Hey, I can speak Chinese and I dont know whats he on about!!!!

ideally if you want to play games, get a desktop. A laptop can never really come close to what a desktop can, especially with 64 bit CPU and SLI :D

Ian

Ian said:
ideally if you want to play games, get a desktop. A laptop can never really come close to what a desktop can, especially with 64 bit CPU and SLI :D

Ian

yeah but i have a desktop - suppose its more for uni than out & music

oh and its only really to play champ man - no other games lol

Back