Filthy, lazy spelling and grammar

cisco

» CMF Member
Just a reminder to *some* of you.

Please make sure you take the time to check the spelling and grammar of your posts before submission.

Some of the trash that people post up here really annoys me.

When I see things like:

"hey any one no what stealies i should get 4 my micra, man thx for ne help"

I delete it straight away and so do the other moderators.

It’s outright lazy and will continue to be deleted. It makes the web site look like a cheap hangout for "chavs" and "hubbards". Most of all, it makes it difficult for innocent web users to read our messages. If I go to a web site and I read trash, I close the window and don't go back again. So don't type your lazy crap in here – have some respect for people who have to waste their time reading your lazy trash.

If you genuinely have writing difficulties or are semi-illiterate, then this is not a stab or insult. You might find www.dictionary.com a useful site to study or you can also practice in Microsoft Word and use the spell checker feature of that application.

We have a no-hesitation-in-deleting policy!

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
I could write a whole page on the above but will refrain.In many ways I am sure general education of our children has gone in reverse.All to easy and no need to learn the basic building blocks essential to guide you through the later years. Not the childrens fault but the faceless academics who think they know what's best. Pity parents were not asked but hey, what would we know ??
Not bragging but put down a line of numbers to be added up and I bet I can beat most people using a caculator. That is keeping your brain active and it needs excercise as does the rest of your body.

Attachments

• 19227.jpg
    19227.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 43

cisco

» CMF Member
K11SS WROTE:

"i will second this cisco, poor grammer is not good. i am one of the people you are refering to though i will try to keep to these new rules!<BR><BR>thanks stephen

Thanks Stephen, was this erroneous reply a joke? :)

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
It seems that young people these days no longer see the need to understand the basic rules of the english language. THey figure that if they ever have to do something it will be on a computer and therefore everything will be just fine because the spell checker will fix their problems.

I've noticed that there's ALOT of people at university these days with very little basic knowledge of the language they have grown up with. I'm dead serious. I know 6 people from my management concepts class who wouldn't be able to write a legible paragraph in their notepad if they tried. They need a computer to correct the spelling and grammar mistakes! Its disgusting really.

Although I can't talk with maths.

CMF_mighty mouse

» CMF Member
well im not 2 sur dat u ar all down wit da kidz yo get wit da programz playaz man dis shiz is off da chain sorry im just joking it annoys me too that was just an example sorry if i offended any one

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
I totally agree, the three R's were drilled into us when I went to school. It paid off too, like White Knight, I can beat anyone using a calculator when adding up. I can add up my grocery order to within 5 cents in my head, very handy when you only have a certain amount in your wallet. It amazes people that I can do that, but hey, its what I grew up with. I questioned my son's teacher about her not correcting his spelling mistakes in a comprehension test, she informed me that they don't worry about spelling so much these days, that as long as he "gets it" is good enough. Amazing how many people nowadays that can not read or write, its unforgiveable and reflects just how far down the sh*tter our education system has gone.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
WEll my wife has english as her second language and with all the TAFE courses she has done her written english is far far superior to 99% of the Aussies in her class. She learnt her english in Vietnam and I have no doubt a lot of overseas people who have english as a second language are far ahead of us Aussies. They learn it the "old fashioned way".

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
I think you'll find that english is a constantly changing language. (sadly) Every country has its own little ways of spelling things and if you compare the english language from 100-200 years ago, you'll see that its already been degraded pretty damn far. Soon abbreviations will take over from the cyber age and we'll all be walking around saying "Lol brb." "K, iirc, stfu!!!"

I say "C u l8r N-Glish" and "Hi2u2 Gen-X!" ;D

I fear the day kids will be able to use IRC freehand in english essays.

Back