fault diagnosis please

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
hello all!

my car has been playing up recently, say bout a month...

the stereo cuts out totally then comes back on, intermitently so i thought maybe prblem with fuse or amp...

but also the blower intensity flucuates intermittently...

now today when it did this, i stopped to check if battery cable was loose and it wasnt... get in car and it wont start... ther was full tank and there was power.

did fuel fuse trick, jump it, roll it, kick it nothing...

so i sit in it and call AA... then 20mins later i try again and it starts up...

WHAT COULD IT BE LADS?

i have 1.0l, 96 k11
>sony hu
>4ch phoenix gold amp
>12" jbl sub
>6month old ht leads
>6month old sparks
>12 month old battery
>piperx air filter
>car has nats

i hope its nothing expensive... im dumbfounded tho lads...

ta :(

hi, i ad the same problem with stereo a few week ago but none of the other stuff happened just stereo keeped on cuttin out, i checked wires and the earth wire came out of the stereo and in to the block thing n then stopped so i dont no how it had been workin before, so i connected a new earth wire and works fine now. but sounds like could be sumthin different with the other stuff hapenin. but hope it helps

danny

yeh others have said check ground... but its on/off on/off every few days...

so im just gonna take everything off clean it n stick it back in...

what can ya do hey!!

i had a problem very simmilar with my car where the negative clip had fractured slightly so that it wasn't tight on the terminal... i have now replaced both wires and not had any electrical problems since...

get some nice new cables for it....

try turning the radio, wipers, lights ect if the wipers seem to interfere with the radio thats a defo earth problem and ive done a few of these myself. check battery terminals are tight if so then pop down to your local motor shop buy an earth strap rip the old one off. find somewhere on the chassis to bolt on the new one near the battery terminals clean it up and bolt it up! :laugh:

try a battery off someones car you know works. i had the same syptoms, tried a diferent battery and hey presto. if that fails, no idea.

ta lads, for some strange reason after i posted it didnt happen again but am gonna run tests after xmas... busy at work no time...

everything points to the earthing so im gonna strip the car and start from scratch testing earths as i go...

ta

Back