FAO Ed

kristian

One Way Mule
Ive posted this before..

.. but could ED please post up what chassis modifications, if any, you have made to your ST regarding the huge power output it has over the normal 1.0/1.2 K10 .. and If the chassis is the same in both cars... Strength wise..

cheers

i think it just has the uprated st engine mounts???

where did u get them from ed (and how much) might be needing some soonish

No upgrades have been made. And does it suffer? Yes imo, and is on the list of stuff to sort out in the near future. It also concerns me to a fair extent the nonexistant impact protection the car offers. I must admit however that for visual / pratical reasons alone I am reluctant to fit a rollcage to stiffen it and add the saftey protection.

Ed

sorry to hijack the thread but it is an FAO Ed thread so i thought it would be ok :p

Ed do you have any more information about how the ST induction system works, i'm very interested in how nissan aproched the problem vs that other car that i can't remember the name of lol,

thanks mate,

BTW i think all the mods would be in the mounts and bushes and the chassis should be strong enough, body roll is a bigger problem like Ed nearly twisting his ST in half by getting it up on three wheels lol :D

Nex the problem with knowing how the ST system works is it would be almost impossible to replicate exactly anyway! I cant offer anythign other than waiting for the time I have finished my tech document when ever that is.

Ed said:
Nex the problem with knowing how the ST system works is it would be almost impossible to replicate exactly anyway! I cant offer anythign other than waiting for the time I have finished my tech document when ever that is.

fair enough mate, just interested thats all ;)

sorry to jack the thread again but would it be possible to make a turbo with an electronic clutch and a gear so that you could spool it on the engine like a super charger and then disengage the engine so that the charger runs off the exhaust :D it would be an easier way of twin charging than trying to switch the chargers over.

just an idea ;) was wondering why it's not be done before probably a very good reason lol

The huge amount of power (relativly) required to drive a turbo to make boost would mean very large elec motors + batteries etc to run them.

Ed

Ed said:
The huge amount of power (relativly) required to drive a turbo to make boost would mean very large elec motors + batteries etc to run them.

Ed
ah no i mean run it off the engine like a super charger, and then when the engine has spooled the turbo, use an electronic clutch to disengage the belt to the engine and let the exhaust pressure do the rest :D

That would make the most expensive turbo engineering thing ever and a pain in the arse to design haha.

wehey and fao ed, so if cbr carbs were mounted to a ma12 and it ran very well. but petrol appeared around the trumpets what cousl cause this. and do u know the standard fuel pressure of a k10

Ed said:
That would make the most expensive turbo engineering thing ever and a pain in the arse to design haha.

really? so it would be easier to get a turbo and a supercharger and link them together rather than having one unit that did both?

Alienfish360 said:
Why don't you just get a supercharger? lol

cos a supercharger doesn't do top end :p

NeX said:
really? so it would be easier to get a turbo and a supercharger and link them together rather than having one unit that did both?

Yes- much.

Back