FAO Chie

chie said:
if you can , go to a scrappy and get some out of a SUPER S they plug right in, or buy a 1 like titches old 1 and ill give you the pins on the ecu you need :)

We were talking about rev counters a while back. I have got some super s clocks, but the rev counter doesn't work, obviously because my standard pre-facelift k11 wasn't designed to run one. What do I need to get it to work?

Do I need to run a wire from the ECU?

Thanks mate,

Wayne

Can ruin it off the Dizzy, or the ECu - easier to do it from the ECU.

Will get the connections that you'll need later

OK now I need some help lol.

I spliced into the blue/black wire at the distributor, joined a wire from there up to the plug (which goes into the back of the instrument cluster) I cut the blue/black wire which was going to the plug already and replaced it with the one I joined from the distributor.

And still no f***ing luck, the rev counter still don't work.

Any ideas?

Wayne - Please do not post immediatly after a previous one. Simply use the edit option to change your message.

Also, chie's a busy guy im sure and the way your writing your posts makes it sound like your expecting him to drop everything he's doing and help! Just be patient :)

Thread also moved to K11 section

That was a bit rude wasn't it?

I was messing about and chie knows that. I don't expect him to drop everything, i was just trying to get his attention. I don't appreciate people belittling me.

no one is belittling you but posts can easily be misinterperated (sp?) as there just words on a screen this happens a lot so i wouldent wurry lol :)

ok mate, i guess i took his post the wrong way, just like he misunderstood mine. I was in a bit of a mood this morning anyway so im sorry if i was rude to anyone, apologies.

Anyway, a bit off topic, but I still haven't got that rev counter sorted chie lol

hmm i think titch should have a go at solving this one as i say i aint really done anything like that i jus pluged mine in :S

you plugged your new clocks straight in? and it worked? i wish mine worked like that. Is it important to have all the plugs in when you test it? cos ive only put them black plug in when ive tested it before.

Wayne said:
ok mate, i guess i took his post the wrong way, just like he misunderstood mine. I was in a bit of a mood this morning anyway so im sorry if i was rude to anyone, apologies.

S'all good mate :) :grinning:

try it with all the plugs in mate then wire the tacho in with the wire, it may be that there not getting as power/ground or summit, p.s mines a 1.3 lx so it already has the wiring :p

Chies is the 1.3, so the wiring will al ready be there. Are you jst trying to wore in the super S clocks, or is it a aftermarket tacho you've got?

ive joined the new wire (which i joined to the blue wire at the dizzy) to the blue/black wire in the back of the black plug.

yeah. its underneath the centre console isnt it?

What do i need to run down to the ecu? the new wire which i made which connects the wire at the dizzy to the black plug?

Right - forget the Dizzy. We'll jst run a signal to the ECU. Go have a look at the guide i created for the Apexi SAFC. Its in K11 guides. There you will find out which wire you need to connect it to. So from the clock to this wire. Thats all you have to do.

I dont wanna sound stupid but how do I get to the K11 guides.

So we are wiring the blue/black wire on the black plug to the ecu?

i have just e-mailed you a colour diagram of what titch is talking bout...
wiring to the ecu is more neater (i was just lazy)...

what titch means is:
disregard the dizzy(repair any splices)
now wire into the black block(blue/black wire)
there are 10wires here 6 at top 4 at bottom of block
of the four you want the top right one(labbled two on the diagram i sent you yesterday)
then run it to the ecu (look for same colour wire, also lablled 2 on the diagram i sent you)

test it now with all plugs in the back, ign on....

if you want just to make sure rev clock is sitting right, take just the rev clock out and clean it then put it back in....

:)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/meanmicra/Photo-0189.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/meanmicra/Photo-0186A.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/meanmicra/Photo-0187A.jpg
ecu.jpg

no lol, i didnt realise you had to have all of the plugs in the back of the clock when you tested it, i only ever put the black one in.

Back