Failed ECU

I own a 2007 1.5tdi Micra and I have been told by the Dealer that the ECU has failed. I placed an order with the Nissan Dealer in August 2021 and they say there are none in South Africa, where I live, and the factory that manufactures them in India burnt down, and they can not give me a time line as to when the part will become available. The Dealer has tried to source a second hand one but there are none available. The part number is 119504247 / 2261100Q5N. Am I being spun a story here? Surly somewhere on the planet Nissan can find such a part?
Please help

Thanks Graham

Hello and gooday to you,
Also welcome to the msc.
Here is some information for you.
I have made quickly a search.
Here in UK that part number I do not find in an eBay search.
However in this search I get a different part number or numbers for various ecu units.
Some or at least one company is offering an ecu clone of your old unit but their part does not match yours.
So if you had both your original and the one you wish to transfer to company's as such exist that can perform this task.
Also if you are a techy/electronically minded person this task is possible on a desktop computer.
My suggestion here for you today is this. Please include the full model type of car. This might help others who are searching for the same ecu, or anyone who has matching ecu, that could be sitting on a shelf for instance.

Another thing I will suggest to you.
If your micra is actually a nissan March your searches may have better luck via Australia, Japan and other places that have nissan march vehicles.
If not please ignore that information.

The a micra has not been made that has a tdi engine.
The k12 micras only have DCi.
From past searches these k12 diesel engines use a delphi Ecu.
Many thanks for reading and understand your troubles in finding this part.
Good luck in finding the part

Edit :- one last note the ecu you have could possibly be opened and carefully resoldered or repaired by someone with the skills to do so not saying this would work but it could be an option for you.

Back