Factory Bolt-on modifications for the Micra...

CMF_EVLGTI

» CMF Member
yes, my understanding is that EXA gearbox and the original CVT driveshaft is the right length. yes the V is for Viscous LSD. Mine had the conversion and was the deciding factor in buying it

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
While it is an EXA gearbox, the version with a bell housing that will bolt up to the CG motor will come from an N14, B13 or newer, powered by a GA16DE.
RS5F31V was also an ultra rare short ratio JDM factory option for the K11. Personally I'd prefer the GA16DE ratios.

EXAs that might have this box were powered by E15ET or CA motors which use a different bell housing. Similarly the Holden version of the N13 powered by the GM 1.8L motor used the CA bell housing & RS5F31V.
The bell housing is swappable from a RS5F31A but as I recall the diff bearings are smaller & some machining is required.

deNs, how's that wiki coming along?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
The wiki is actually up and running - i've been adding articles and writing down as much general stuff as I can for articles but the main reason I haven't advertised it is because I can't get SMTP working so I can get confirmation emails sent out for accounts at the moment.

I could really use your help to write technical stuff.. ;) I'll PM you with the address and sort an account out for you for now.

---dens

Back